Friday, Oct. 18, 2024

Campus Briefs

SC forum to discuss abroad programs

The Student Confederation will hold three forums throughout March; one on March 1 about the AU Abroad Program, a Public Safety Forum in mid-March with Acting Public Safety Director Mike McNair and a forum about summer internships at the end of March.

Robert Pastor, AU vice president for International Affairs, will run the AU Abroad forum on Monday, March 1, according to Mark Meadows, chief of staff for the Student Confederation.

The forum will be designed to allow students to have enough time to make a responsible, informed choice about going abroad, as the deadline is April 1.

The event will start sometime between 8:15 and 8:30 p.m., SC President Nick Terzulli said, and will most likely be in the Anderson or Letts Hall Formal Lounge, although nothing is confirmed at this time.

More information about future forums will be announced after the March 1 event, Meadows said.

- KATE OCZYPOK

AU President to speak in Kay Tuesday

President Benjamin Ladner will address the campus community on Tuesday at 4 p.m. in the Kay Spiritual Life Center.

Ladner will give a midyear report updating his 15 Point Plan, which he first announced in October 2001, and speak on the recent Middle States visit.

The Middle States is a self-study and accreditation process that the University has taken part in over the past year.

He will also be commenting on other various topics from the AU community.

All are welcome to attend the event. Aside from smaller speeches at special events, this will be the first address to the campus community by Ladner this semester.

- K.O.

Project to reflect on acts against women

The Women's Initiative is sponsoring a Clothesline Project in conjunction with the Vagina Monologues.

The project will include a display of shirts designed by female victims of violence. There will also be other shirts designed by individuals who have female loved ones who have passed away. Members of the AU community are encouraged to make their own shirts.

The Women's Initiative will be tabling for the Vagina Monologues through Friday in Mary Graydon Center from 2 to 5 p.m. Shirts and supplies will be provided.

- K.O.