Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2024

The Hit List

1. The 5.6.7.8.'s The Black Cat should be renamed the House of Blue Leaves. Hip Asian surf rockers the 5.6.7.8.'s, famously featured in the first volume of Quentin Tarantino's "Kill Bill" series, are playing at the U Street club tomorrow night for $10. All you Tarantino fans should sock-hop the night away to songs like "I'm Blue" and "Whoo Hoo," both performed by the band who rocked and rolled the House of Blue Leaves in "Kill Bill: Vol. 1."

2. 'Team America: World Police' "South Park" creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker's first feature film since 1999's "South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut," "Team America: World Police," features all marionette terrorist fighting action. The controversial comedy is due out in theaters next Friday and takes jabs at liberals and conservatives alike.

3. Dinner at 7/11 Sick of the same old Tenleytown cuisine? Forget Chipotle. Next time you're looking for a full meal, hit up the 7/11. You can get three taquitos, a breakfast sandwich and a liter of coke for under $10! Well, that's not really that cheap, but it's so good, and good for you. Okay, that's a lie.

4. Capital Hauntings If you are the type of person who already know what Halloween costume you'll be sporting as early as August, check out one of the many haunted house tours offered in Washington this time of year. Capital Hauntings is a recurring walking tour of Lafayette Square Park that runs until Oct. 31. Go this Friday, and even next Friday, to get yourself in the mood. Meet at McPherson Square Metro Station, Fridays at 7:30 p.m., $10. For further questions, call (202) 484-1565.

5. 'G.I. Joe' DVD box Since January, Hasbro has been releasing the classic cartoon G.I. Joe on DVD. So far, the toy company has released up to Season Two, Part One, which came out about a month ago. These releases have sparked interest amongst college students, particularly guys who watched the show when they were younger, and are quickly becoming party favorites. Each collection is $40.96 on amazon.com, which offers an 18 percent discount on the series.

compiled by The Scene staff