Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2024

Girls go tweed, guys go graphic

Late fall fashions turn colors

Fall and winter trends for this academic year have taken a classic turn. From fitted blazers to comfy ponchos, this season's fashions are subject to no complaint. These styles are equally comfortable and make you look unforgettable.

Ponchos are the main craze this season for females, and it is one trend that's easy to take up without making a drastic wardrobe change.

"Ponchos are my favorite trend this season," said freshman Charu Vaidya. "They keep me warm and I look stylish at the same time."

Sherpa jackets are the most adaptable accessory to the male wardrobe and can make any guy look hip and trendy in a heartbeat.

"Sherpa jackets are my favorite trend for guys this season," said freshman Vincent Villano. "They can complete any wardrobe."

Here are some fabulous styles for both guys and girls that will help you look great for the upcoming fall and winter seasons. All can be purchased at any nearby department store or trendy shop in the area.

Top 10 Trends - Girls 1. Tweed - seen in handbags, shoes and jackets. 2. Ponchos - great substitute for a bulky winter coat. 3. Fitted blazers - this season's most versatile item. 4. Clutches - easily portable purse. 5. Fur-linings - keeps you warm and hip at the same time. 6. Pencil skirts - dressy and classic style, offering office and evening wear in one. 7. Patterns, spots, prints - lets a girl stand out from the crowd. 8. Brooches - add a classic touch to a simple outfit. 9. Sweaters - any kind will keep women warm and hot. 10. Cropped pants - add knee-high boots and you have yourself a great trend.

Top 10 Trends - Guys 1. Graphic tees - adds a comfort level to a stylish wardrobe. 2. Quilted jackets - keeps you warm and cool at the same time. 3. Puma/Diesel sneakers - comfort and style all in one. 4. Solid scarves - warmth with a classic flow. 5. Fitted sweaters - this season's most versatile item. 6. Vests - wear over a graphic tee or button-down shirt with a tie for a casual look. 7. Blazers - adds a dressy touch to a casual outfit. 8. Messenger bags - easily portable bag to get to class on time. 9. Rugby tees - comfortable and warm for everyday stylish wear. 10. Polos - to add a classic touch to a trendy outfit.