Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2024

The Hit List

1. Carlo Rossi

Whether or not you choose blush or burgundy, Carlo Rossi offers the most delicious wine on the market (well, the most delicious wine under $10 that comes in a four-liter jug with a screw cap). It's available at Tenley Mini Mart, Tenley Wine and Liquor and Superfresh.

2. Pepsi Holiday Spice

Take the familiar taste of Pepsi and add hints of ginger and cinnamon. Imagine the carbonated blood of Gingerbread Man. This formula yields delicious results. For a limited time, you can partake in the holiday spirit with this new drink. Forget the alcohol-free eggnog, this is where it's at! Sadly, Holiday Spice will enter the soda graveyard in a month, resting next to Crystal Pepsi and Pepsi Blue.

3. 'Sideways'

Pot-bellied everyman Paul Giamatti ("American Splendor") and the dude from "Wings"/"Ned and Stacy," Thomas Haden Church, team up in a dark comedy about failure, divorce and wine. "Sideways" will make you laugh until it hurts.

4. Rasterbator

Narcissism takes over bare walls nationwide with the Rasterbator Web site, http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/. The site hosts a free program to turn any snapshot into a series of 8.5 x 11 pieces. Anyone with a printer and an Internet connection turn a smiley drunk picture of themselves into a wall-dominating mosaic.

5. 'Tell Me What Rockers to Swallow'

The new Yeah Yeah Yeahs DVD has music videos, live performances, a Japanese documentary and even their stunning performance on "Maps" at the 2004 MTV Movie Awards. But the real gem here is the "Y-Control" video directed by Spike Jonze complete with evil zombie children playing with huge knifes. Well worth the $13.99.

-Compiled by The Scene staff