Saturday, Oct. 19, 2024

City Calendar

All events free unless noted.

Thursday, Feb. 17

Books: Ohio Congressman Sherrod Brown 7 p.m., Politics and Prose, 5015 Connecticut Ave. NW The congressman discusses "Myths of Free Trade," a book debunking the theory that free trade benefits all. Call (202) 364-1919 for more information.

Theater: "An Ideal Husband" 8 p.m., Theatre on the Run, 3700 S. Four Mile Run Drive, Arlington, Va. Oscar Wilde's classic political comedy is presented by the Fountainhead Theatre Company at this pay-what-you-can preview through Friday. Call (703) 920-5923 for details.

Saturday, Feb. 19

Music: Martin Sexton 8 p.m., 9:30 club, 815 V St. NW Jill Sobule and Andy Waldeck open for the Boston folk-rock singer/songwriters. Admission costs $18. Call (202) 393-0930 for more information.

Music: Pianist Natalia Kazaryan 8 p.m., Saint Ann Catholic Church, 4001 Yuma St. NW The young pianist will play Bach, Beethoven, Chopin and more as part of the church's Piano Celebration Series. For more information, call (202) 966-6288.

Comedy: D.C. Heavy Hitters of Comedy 8 and 10:30 p.m., Lincoln Theatre, 1215 U St. NW The troupe records its DVD live. Marc Patrick, from BET's "Comic View" and the USO World Tour, hosts and is joined by Chris Thomas, the original host of BET's "Rap City." Admission costs $25. Call (202) 397-7328 for more information.

Sunday, Feb. 20

Music: Washington Social Club 8:30 p.m., Black Cat, 1811 14th St. NW Ostinato and Seymour Glass open for the D.C. power-pop band. Admission costs $7. For more information, call (202) 667-7960.

All Month

Dance: Coyaba Dance Theater 8 p.m., Dance Place, 3225 Eighth St. NE The troupe performs energetic West African dance through Feb. 27. Admission costs $6-$18. For more information, visit www.danceplace.org.

Film: "Hooray for Nollywood" 5 p.m., AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural Center, 8633 Colesville Road, Silver Spring The Nigerian film festival continues through Feb. 26. Admission costs $7.50 or $8.50. Visit www.afi.com/silver for details.

To submit notice of an event to the Campus Calendar that runs Mondays, e-mail Campus@TheEagleOnline.com.