Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2024

Out of Context

"When it's time and we get our fix from our kids ... then things will be right again and maybe we'll have a rad new Blink record,"

- Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker, on quality time with the family and what it will take to get the band back on their feet.

And while we're on the subject, Blink 182 is officially "on hiatus." Eulogies from 13-year-old girls are popping up all over the Internet. __

Infamous socialite Paris Hilton's Sidekick phone has been hacked! The Internet now knows the precious addresses and phone numbers of such incredible talents as Frankie Muniz, Tara Reid and Lindsay Lohan! Celebrities are quaking in their expensive shoes at the thought of manic fans prank calling them at all hours! Somehow, some computer nerd thought it would be productive to hack into Hilton's Sidekick, and somehow, many people care. What is it about society that thinks some teen star's cell number is a juicy piece of information? Moreover, what are you going to say when they pick up? "Uhhhh ... I thought you were really awesome in 'Urban Legends,' Tara ... uhhh ..." __

We have some bad news, everyone. Eighth-grade favorite and quasi-hard rock band Korn (we couldn't figure out how to turn the R around) has lost a member to an even more powerful force than sick guitar riffs. Brian "Head" Welch has found the guiding light of G-d, leading him in a much more enlightened path than whatever Korn is up to these days. A little bird told me P.O.D. is looking for a new guitarist. __

Reason No. 49,083 why Bon Appetit workers are the best people on the planet: One gentleman in the TDR uniform was spotted walking across the Friedham Quadrangle with an orange and silver-labeled open container. The beverage in question? Sparks, the caffeinated malt beverage that's all the rage with the hip kids. We're pleased to see that TDR is really that fresh. If only Sparks were available next to the waffle machine. __

And while we're on the subject of TDR, Delta Chi held an extra-special convention at the tables by the ice cream counter last week. On the agenda was: blasting slow jams and Counting Crows as loud as their desktop speakers could allow and stabbing apples with forks. This wouldn't be so intrusive if they hadn't spent approximately nine hours doing so. D-Chi was also spotted a week earlier holding a similar convention on the couches in Mary Graydon. The truly hilarious moment was when a Marketplace worker confronted the dudes for supposedly stealing a bag of Sun Chips. All while Micheal Jackson's "Bad" played on the same laptop speakers. Real bad, bros.