Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2024

The Hit List

1. Mr. Winkle Mr. Winkle - Cute little ball of fluff or the Incubus? You decide. Check out www.mrwinkle.com.

2. 'Are You Afraid of the Dark?' DVDs While Nickelodeon has yet to release this seminal and terrifying kids show on DVD, bootlegged copies are available on eBay. There are 91 episodes of the show to be found on ebay, featuring such memorable characters as Zeebo the Clown and the girl who turns into a doll. Yikes!

3. Easy Cheese and Ritz Crackers This may seem like a shameless plug for Kraft food products, but Easy Cheese and Ritz Crackers is like the caviar and melba toast of Alabama. Not only is Easy Cheese an excellent source of calcium (according to the container), but also the squirt-tipped can is aerodynamically engineered to ensure the ultimate deep-throat cheese ingestion.

4. Secret admirers The Scene staff is all for secret admirers, most likely because some of us are sad, lonely and single people looking for a little love. And except for that one guy in prison who won't stop writing letters, no one is biting. And the suspense created by a secret admirer creates a giddy anticipation of nearly any mundane social interaction.

5. BamBul? Inconspicuously located on Wisconsin Avenue next to Chadwick's, right before Friendship Heights shopping center, is Bam Bule, a tapas restaurant that blows Jaleo out of the water. The inviting ambience and excellent food truly offers a fest for all senses.

-Compiled by The Scene staff.