Campus calendar

Thursday Oct. 6

Fall 2005 Job and Internship Fair 1:00- 5:00 p.m., Bender Arena.

Interact with recruiters from a variety of organizations looking to hire AU students. Participants are encouraged to dress professionally and bring copies of their r?sum?. Registration required. Contact the Career Center at 885-1800.

"Fear, Truth, and the Documentary" 2:00 p.m., Media Production Center.

The Center for Social Media will host Paco de Onis and Peter Kinoy, makers of State of Fear, as its fall visiting filmmakers. State of Fear is one of four films featured in the center's Human Rights Film Series. Contact 885-3107.

Bailatanz 8:30-10:00 p.m. BIC 104

Join Bailatanz this week for an introduction to foxtrot and the Viennese waltz. This time, you might get a little dizzy from the twirling. E-mail Charlotte Gerard at freutsch@gmail.com for more information.

Putting It Together Night at the Greenberg Theatre 7:30 p.m., Greenberg Theatre

Get an insider's look at what it takes to stage a performance at the Greenberg Theatre. The evening will include an exhibit of production designs and photos, costume designs and samples, and a live rehearsal with the cast and director of our upcoming performance of Into the Woods. Guests will also have the chance to mingle with the actors, director, and technical staff. Sponsor: College of Arts and Sciences RSVP required: Joanna Woronkowicz, x3468 or jw6955a@american.edu

Open Mic Night at Davenport Lounge 9:00 p.m., Davenport Lounge Got a song, poem, or spoken word to share? Bring your words, your instruments, and your friends to Open Mic Night. Free refreshments provided. Sponsored by Women's Peace Initiative and American Literary. Contact Jennifer Wells for more information at Jennifer.Wells@american.edu

Sunday, Oct. 9

Sunday Dinner with Faculty Resident John Richardson 8:00 p.m., Anderson 101

Join AU's faculty resident John Richardson for a delicious home-cooked meal. John will be serving Sri Lankan chicken and vegetable curries. Dinner starts at 8:00 p.m., or come early at 7:30 to help with cooking and set up. Please sign up on the faculty resident board in the Anderson Hall front lobby. Sponsor: Center for Teaching Excellence Contact: Maeve Reed, x2117 or facultyresident@american.edu

Monday, Oct. 10

WCL Dean's Lecture Series 5:00 p.m., WCL, room 600.

Dennis Ratner, CEO of Ratner Companies, will present "The Spirit of Being an Entrepreneur with Leadership Principles." Contact Patt Harvey at 274-4053.

Tuesday, Oct. 12

Lura Bradfield Foundation Annual Lecture and Awards 7:00-9:00 p.m., University Club.

The event will feature a documentary, Trading Women, which investigates the trade in minority girls and women from the hill tribes of Burma, Laos, and China. After the film, the Lura Bradfield Foundation will present awards to two AU women and grants to local organizations that support abused women. Contact Joanne Keiser at 885-5913.