Sunday, Oct. 20, 2024

Campus calendar

Thursday, Aug. 31

Federal Work-Study Job Fair Noon-3 p.m., Bender Arena lobby Looking for a FWS job? Don't miss this opportunity to meet both on-campus and off-campus FWS employers. For more information, contact the Career Center at (202) 885-1800.

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and Ally Resource Center Fall Mixer 7:30-9:30 p.m., Butler Board Room Meet the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Ally Resource Center staff, make new friends and reconnect with old ones. Event includes free pizza and books, internship information and a community information fair, according to a posting about the event. For more information, contact (202) 885-3347 or glbta@american.edu.

Monday, Sept. 4 Labor Day No classes; university offices closed.

Wednesday, Sept. 6

Life After Death: New Leipzig Paintings from the Rubell Family Collection AU Museum, Katzen Arts Center. All exhibits run through Oct. 29. Museum hours: 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Tuesday through Thursday; 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Friday and Saturday; and noon-4 p.m. Sunday. Contact 885-1300.

"Terrorism, Counter-Terrorism, and Human Rights" 9 a.m.-5:15 p.m, WCL, room 603. Through Sept. 8. The International Commission of Jurists' Eminent Jurists Panel will hear evidence in public sessions in D.C. to examine and assess the United States' response to terrorism since the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001. The hearings are open to the public, but advance registration is mandatory. Contact 274-4075 or secle@wcl.american.edu.

Student Involvement Fair 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m., quad Check out more than 100 different ways you can get involved at AU. Leaders of student clubs and organizations, as well as various campus departments, will be on hand. Rain date is Sept. 13 from 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. For more information, contact Student Activities at (202) 885-3390.

"Nuts and Bolts of Academic Success" 12:45-2 p.m., Mary Graydon Center, Rooms 203-205 Learn the skills needed to be successful in the classroom during this workshop sponsored by the Academic Support Center. For more information, contact (202) 885-3360 or asc@american.edu.

Celebrate AU 2-4 p.m., quad Celebrate the new school year with snacks and music. The first 750 people at the event will also receive an AU-themed gift. Rain date is Sept. 13 from 2-4 p.m. For more information, contact Special Events at (202) 885-2430.