Sunday, Oct. 20, 2024

Metro calendar

Saturday, Sept. 10

Jewish Literacy Festival 1 p.m. until sunset, through Sept. 20 D.C. Jewish Community Center, 1529 16th St. N.W. Metro: Dupont Circle (red line)

The annual event features lectures, films, readings and receptions focusing on letters from the Jewish community. Cost varies by event. For more information, contact (202) 518-4900.

Monday, Sept. 11

U.S. Navy Band Sea Chanters Noon U.S. Navy Memorial and Naval Heritage Center, 701 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W. Metro: Archives-Navy Memorial (yellow and green lines)

The Sea Chanters, official chorus of the United States Navy, will perform a variety of music ranging from classical numbers to show tunes. The event is free. For more information, call (202) 737-2300 ext. 768.

Wednesday, Sept. 13

Walking Tour: Most Haunted Houses 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Lafayette Square Metro: Farragut West (blue and orange lines)

Meet outside the Farragut West Metro station to take a guided tour of D.C.'s most haunted houses, ending at the Octagon Museum. Cost is $10 for the tour or $15 for the tour plus a tour of the Octagon Museum. Reservations are not required. For more information, call (202) 484-1565.

Saturday, Sept. 16

Embassy Walking Tour 10 a.m. - noon Dupont Circle Metro: Dupont Circle (red line)

Meet outside the Dupont Metro stop to take a tour of Embassy Row that will look at the history and architecture of the various clubs, embassies and residencies. Cost is $10. Reservations are not required. For more information, contact (202) 484-1565.

Thursday, Sept. 21

International Diversity Film Market Through Sept. 23 E Street Cinema Landmark Theatre, 555 11th St. N.W. Metro: Metro Center (red line)

The film festival offers registered filmmakers the opportunity to communicate with industry executives by offering free film submissions, free film screenings and free online movie trailers. Advanced registration is required.

For more information, visit the festival's Web site at www.onevibe.biz.