Monday, Sept. 23, 2024

Hit list

1. Justin Timberlake as a gingerbread man

Why is Justin, our most beloved cultural icon of all time, dressed in an oversized gingerbread man costume? No one knows, but after seeing this little piece of Christmas magic on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, there's no need for an answer. He is our savior, and there's no way around it. Rock our bodies, Justin.

2. Weather-appropriate clothing

The groundhog didn't see his shadow on Feb. 2, but winter isn't over just yet. To appreciate our last days of winter, we can continue to don the best of our sweaters, scarves and wool coats for those chilly walks to class. It's the perfect opportunity to remember how grateful we were for the fabulous hoodies we bought at the bookstore, too. With our wintry accessories at our sides, let's say goodbye to winter in true style. At least before the flip-flops we love so much can come back out again.

3. Proenza Schouler for Target's GO International

Discount retailer Target unveils today the new line from Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough, better known as New York-based design duo Proenza Schouler. Their collection for Target's GO International features bold colors and modern cuts, with most styles under $50 each. The line is flattering for all figures and all budgets. And have you seen the designers? Probably better looking than Isaac Mizrahi.

4. Shakespeare in D.C.

How often does entertainment up your IQ? In an effort to make all of D.C. a little more culturally aware, the Kennedy Center is sponsoring a citywide festival honoring everyone's favorite Elizabethan playwright. And even if the flowery language of the bard's day isn't your thing, there is still a plethora of Shakespeare spin-offs sure to satisfy anyone with an interest in delving deeper into the lives of the Swan of Avon's complex characters.

5. Color Junction on Gmail

Few people know that one of the best perks of being the proud owner of a Gmail account is a personalized homepage - calendar, countdowns, headlines and Color Junction. Few homepages would be complete without this mind-numbingly simple, yet entertainingly enthralling game. It's like Tetris, but easier. Procrastination has never been so good.

-Compiled by the Scene Staff