Sunday, Oct. 20, 2024

Campus briefs

TDR Employees win Bon Appetit Award

Terrace Dining Room employees were honored by Bon Appetit, receiving the company's Great Expectations Award, according to American Weekly.

"The award says that we will be an example for each of [Bon Appetit's] accounts on the East Coast," TDR General Manager Yvonne Matteson told American Weekly.

The award honors the approximate 70 staff members for their socially responsible practices and kitchen expertise, according to American Weekly.

The staff "is a tremendous group who takes great pride in cooking from scratch and delivering the best food possible," Matteson told American Weekly. "This is a tremendous achievement for them."

-KYRA SMERKANICH

AU volunteers to beautify campus

The 14th annual Campus Beautification Day will take place on the morning of April 10 and will feature the signing of a declaration showing AU's commitment to environmental sustainability, according to a memorandum sent to the university community by Interim President Neil Kerwin.

The Talloires Declaration is a 10-point action plan for universities that has been signed by over 300 college presidents and universities worldwide, according to the memorandum. The declaration helps outline the promotion of environmentally responsible behavior universities can take in their daily actions.

AU students, staff and faculty members will work with volunteers from the Horace Mann Elementary School on a large number of projects around campus, according to the memorandum. Projects include planting, mulching and general cleanup and will be followed by a barbecue where the declaration will be signed.

-K.S.