Monday, Oct. 21, 2024

Campus Brief

Law library renovated

This summer, the Washington College of Law's Pence Law Library received interior renovations and alterations, according to an article published in American Today.

The changes included reconfiguring the library's space, replacing old furniture, and modernizing its aesthetics, American Today reported.

Student input and responses from surveys were reviewed in deciding what alterations should be made to the library's interior. Due to these responses, the library put in additional work stations for laptops and will install new pieces of furniture equipped with outlets where aging furniture is removed, such as docking stations and small laptop desks, according to the article.

American Today reported that the university created many new rooms to better suit the diverse needs of students. Fourteen new study rooms on the library's second floor were added as well a room for students with disabilities.

"We realized the [method] of teaching law has changed. ... Clinics, negotiation, interviews, practice for moot court - these things are all common now," Billie Jo Kaufman, associate dean of library and information resources, told American Today. "Our students need a quiet place to be able to do that."

-KIM SELMAN