Monday, Oct. 21, 2024

Campus brief

Hirsch named associate director of Hillel

Mindy F. Hirsch was chosen to be the new associate director of AU's chapter of Hillel, according to an announcement made by Rabbi Kenneth L. Cohen, the group's director.

"I fell in love with the students my first week in the temporary position, and I knew I just had to stay," Hirsch said.

Hirsch had been the interim associate director since August and was officially appointed to the position last Thursday, Cohen said in the announcement.

"We had a large pool of applicants, but Mindy far in the way was the best qualified," Cohen said. "She knows the organization, has superb organizational skills and works well with staff and students. I could not think of anyone better."

Prior to holding that position, Hirsch worked as the administrator for AU Hillel and as Kay student engagement associate, according to the announcement.

Hirsch graduated from the University of Wisconsin. She came to AU for graduate school and received a master's degree in film and media arts last semester, according to the announcement.

-KIM SELMAN