Monday, Oct. 21, 2024

Campus Calendar

Thursday, Oct. 11

"Pink Ribbon Days" for Breast Cancer Awareness 11 a.m.-3 p.m. WHERE: Campus Store INFO: Stop by the tables in front of the Campus Store for refreshments, to receive breast cancer awareness information and to enter a drawing for prizes. Pink merchandise will also be available for purchase, and part of the proceeds will go to fund cancer research. CONTACT: For more information, call Kathy Haldeman at 202-885-3276.

Friday, Oct. 12

D.C. Women's Networking Event: "Connecting Women, Affecting Change" 4:30-6:30 p.m. WHERE: 6th floor dining room - Washington College of Law INFO: The Washington College of Law's Women's Law Association is hosting this event, which is meant to create mentorships between D.C.-area lawyers and law students through networking. Marcia Greenberger, president of National Women's Law Center, will give the keynote address. CONTACT: For more information, contact the WCL Office of Public Information at 202-274-4279 or pr@wcl.american.edu.

Saturday, Oct. 13

Free Concert 8 p.m. WHERE: Basement of Kay Spiritual Life Center INFO: Mika Miko, The Subjects, The Apes and Pre will perform at this free concert, which is sponsored by WVAU. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail gm@wvau.org.

Monday, Oct. 15

Women's Initiative and LASO Present "HIV/AIDS in the Latino/a Community" 7-8:30 p.m. WHERE: MGC 200 INFO: Join the Women's Initiative's HIV/AIDS Outreach Task Force and the Latin American Student Organization for a panel discussion on the impact of HIV/AIDS on the Latino community. This panel will include representatives from La Clinica del Pueblo, Mary's Center and the National Minority AIDS Council. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail wi@ausg.org.

Tuesday, Oct. 16

SIS Research Seminar: Interviewing and Theory Building in Arabia 12:45-2 p.m. WHERE: Clark 130 INFO: Professor Kristin Diwan will speak on "Guest of the Bank: Interviewing and Theory Building in Arabia." This event is sponsored by the School of International Service. CONTACT: For more information, contact Stephen J. Silvia at 202-885-2462 or ssilvia@american.edu.

Slime-A-Delt 6-6:45 p.m. WHERE: Woods-Brown Amphitheatre INFO: Delta Tau Delta will be hosting Slime-A-Delt, where brothers will be slimed for charity. All money raised will be donated to Bleed Purple, an organization started by Delts to give scholarships to college students with cancer. CONTACT: For more information, contact getluce@gmail.com.

Wednesday, Oct. 17

First AIDS Week Planning Meeting 1:30-2:30 p.m. WHERE: SIS Lounge INFO: If a student is interested in helping to publicize, promote, plan, program or do anything for AIDS Awareness Week, join WI for this introductory meeting. CONTACT: For more information, contact ravenna.motil-mcguire@american.edu

Portion Distortion and Healthy Eating 5:30-6 p.m. WHERE: The Wellness Center INFO: Learn how to be healthy and happy, sponsored by Riot Don't Diet and the WI Body Image Collective. CONTACT: For more information, contact wi@ausg.org