Monday, Oct. 21, 2024

Campus calendar

Thursday, Oct. 18

Last Day of Flu Vaccination 9 a.m.-noon and 2-4 p.m. WHERE: Wellness Center INFO: Ten flu vaccine appointments are available during each 30-minute period throughout the day. The cost of the vaccine is $20 and students can only pay with cash, check or EagleBuck$. CONTACT: To make an appointment, e-mail Edythe Cook at edythe@american.edu.

MSA and MST Information Session 6:30-7:30 p.m. WHERE: MGC 245 INFO: Attend the information session for the Master of Science in accounting and Master of Science in taxation programs to learn more about how these programs can help interested students pursue a career in either the accounting or taxation fields. The Kogod School of Business is sponsoring this information session. CONTACT: For more information, contact 202-885-1913, e-mail kogodgrad@american.edu or visit kogod.american.edu/ViewItems/CalendarEvent.cfm?eventID=1027.

First Meeting of the Middle Eastern Dance Group 9-10 p.m. WHERE: Dance Room - Katzen Arts Center INFO: Students will be able to learn about belly dancing, Debka and Persian dance at the Middle Eastern Dance Group's first meeting. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail Elena Atkinson at elena.atkinson@gmail.com.

Come meet Jack Bellis, marketing consultant 2:10-4 p.m. WHERE: Hurst 1 INFO: Jack Bellis, a marketing consultant, will discuss issues related to marketing, especially what makes good ads and what makes a brand strategy great. Bellis will answer questions following his presentation. The American Marketing Association is sponsoring this event. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail AMAatAU@yahoo.com.

Friday, Oct. 19

Latino and American Student Organization Cafe Cultura 8-10 p.m. WHERE: Battelle Atrium INFO: LASO is sponsoring a night of poetry, music and discussions to wrap up Hispanic Heritage Month. There will be refreshments at the event. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail Isel Galvan at isel.galvan@american.edu.

Saturday, Oct. 20

AEPhi Phiesta 2007 Noon-6 p.m. WHERE: Main Quad INFO: Alpha Epsilon Phi is sponsoring a kickball tournament to support the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. CONTACT: For more information, visit www.auaephi.com.

Jamnesty 6 p.m.-midnight WHERE: The Tavern INFO: Amnesty International and Student Campaign for Burma are sponsoring a concert featuring Alexis George, The Whips, Agent and the Patient, Don't Ask, A Papier Mache Monster and The Sauce. Admission is $5. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail auamnesty@gmail.com.

Monday, Oct. 22

Honors Town Hall Meeting 7-8 p.m. WHERE: Anderson Honors Lounge INFO: The Student Honors Board is holding their first town hall meeting. They will be discussing their plans for the year and asking for student input. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail shb@american.edu.

Tuesday, Oct. 23

Beyond 'An Inconvenient Truth' 8-10 p.m. WHERE: Ward 2 INFO: Climate Project representatives Chester and Donna Joy will give a live presentation that examines both sides of the climate controversy. The presentation, which former Vice President Al Gore presented in the film "An Inconvenient Truth," has been updated and tailored specifically for American University. Gore trained the Joys to give the presentation. Alpha Kappa Psi is sponsoring this event. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail ches.joyc@verizon.net.

Wednesday, Oct. 24

Trends in Health Promotion for the 21st Century 1-5 p.m. WHERE: Butler Board Room INFO: This health promotion conference has two breakout sessions and is an opportunity for young professionals to meet industry leaders. The School of Education, Teaching and Health is sponsoring this event. CONTACT: For more information, contact Angela Fraley at 202-885-3016 or af2294a@american.edu.