Monday, Oct. 21, 2024

Campus calendar

Thursday, Dec. 6

Mission: Improv-able's Holiday Blow-Out 11 p.m. WHERE: Battelle-Tompkins Atrium INFO: Mission: Improv-able is holding its final performance of the semester. This show will work in conjunction with The Smile Train, the world's leading cleft palate charity, in order to raise money to sponsor a child abroad. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail Grant Helms at grant.helms@american.edu.

Global Write-a-Thon 7-9 p.m. WHERE: Mary Graydon Center, first floor INFO: Amnesty International will gather to write letters on behalf of human rights defenders, prisoners of conscience and other victims of human rights abuses to celebrate Human Rights Day on Dec. 10. They will provide food at this event. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail Togtokh Ganzorig at tg8150a@american.edu.

Open Mic Night at the Dav 9-11 p.m. WHERE: Davenport Lounge, School of International Service Building INFO: The Peace and Empowerment Project welcomes anyone to come sing, play, recite and perform in front of an audience. There will be coffee, tea and snacks. A $3 donation to Women for Women International is encouraged. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail pep@american.edu.

Friday, Dec. 7-8

AU in Motion's 12th Semi-Annual Dance Showcase 8 p.m. WHERE: Greenberg Theatre INFO: AU's student-run dance group will feature a variety of dance styles at their end-of-the-semester showcase. CONTACT: For more information, call 202-885-2587.

Friday, Dec. 7

"Agnes of God" 5 p.m. WHERE: Katzen Studio Theater INFO: Free performance with the talents of Leeanna Rubin, a sophomore in the College of Arts and Sciences; Cee-Cee Swalling, a sophomore in CAS; and Gail Humphries Mardirosian, chair of CAS's Department of Performing Arts. They will be performing a story of virgin birth, murder and psychiatrists. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail Leeanna Rubin at lr2357a@american.edu.

Saturday, Dec. 8

Women's Initiative: Safe Night In 8 p.m.-midnight WHERE: Honors Lounge, Anderson Hall INFO: Free food, bubble wrap, games and chair massages will be available to ease the stress of finals week. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail Anna Hutchinson at a.v.hutchinson@gmail.com.

Winter Informal Dance Showcase 7 p.m. WHERE: Abramson Family Recital Hall, Katzen Arts Center INFO: Student dancers from modern, ballet, jazz and African dance classes will be performing. Vladimir Angelov will direct the show. Admission is free. CONTACT: For more information, call 202-885-3634.

Sunday, Dec. 9

Make a Gingerbread House 8:30 p.m. WHERE: Honors Lounge, Anderson Hall INFO: Take a break from studying to make a gingerbread house in an event sponsored by the Anderson Hall RHA. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail rha@american.edu.

Monday, Dec. 10

Visual Literacy Final Showcase 11 a.m. WHERE: Katzen Arts Center INFO: Students from the fall 2007 "Visual Literacy" classes will display their works in film, photography and graphic design. Light refreshments will be served. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail Nick Marcelli at nick.marcelli@american.edu.

Tuesday, Dec. 11

Prospective Professors and Pizza 5-6 p.m. WHERE: Hurst 102 INFO: Matthew Kohn of the biology department will be on hand to talk to biology students. Free pizza will be provided. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail Patrick Sullivan at patrick.sullivan@american.edu.

Wednesday, Dec. 12

Final Perk 8-10 p.m. WHERE: The Mud Box INFO: Ease your study stress with some coffee and refreshments at the library. CONTACT: For more information, visit www.library.american.edu.