Monday, Oct. 21, 2024

Police blotter

Wednesday, Jan. 2

A Public Safety officer reported witnessing a traffic accident between an AU vehicle and a student vehicle on the roadway in front of the Beeghley Chemistry building.

Thursday, Jan. 3

A Public Safety officer found a hole in the wall in front of room 330 on the third floor of Mary Graydon Center.

A Physical Plant employee reported a blue light telephone located on the fifth floor of the parking garage adjacent to Bender Arena was vandalized.

Friday, Jan. 4

The Centers for Disease Control received a bomb threat against an AU building at 3201 New Mexico Ave. N.W., on its poison control hotline. Metropolitan Police Department officers responded. Officers did not find any explosive devices when they searched the building.

Saturday, Jan. 5

Management at the Jacobs Fitness Center asked Public Safety to check on a number of individuals who were using the basketball court but were not authorized to be there. Officers made contact with the individuals.

Sunday, Jan. 6

A McDowell Hall resident reported her luggage was stolen while she was checking in.

Wednesday, Jan. 9

A nonaffiliated person reported his bike tire had been stolen in the parking garage underneath the Katzen Arts Center.

While making a U-turn, a Metrobus struck a parked AU shuttle at the Tenleytown-AU Metro station. MPD and AU Public Safety officers responded. There was minimal damage to both vehicles.

Thursday, Jan. 10

A student reported that he was stuck in an elevator in Letts Hall. Public Safety contacted the D.C. Fire Department, which responded and got the student out of the elevator.

Saturday, Jan. 12

The RA on duty reported graffiti on a wall inside Anderson Hall. Public Safety took photos of the graffiti and contacted Aramark to remove it.

Sunday, Jan. 13

An AU shuttle driver reported that a student was vomiting next to a shuttle parked at the South side shuttle stop. The student was transported to Sibley Hospital.

An AU staff member reported a person who was watching a swimming competition inside Bender Arena needed medical attention related to a diabetic reaction. The person was given medical attention and did not require a medical transport.

A student inside Federal Hall reported that her roommate had fainted. Medical personnel responded, but the individual did not want to ride in the ambulance. She received a cab voucher to go to the hospital.

Monday, Jan. 14

A Congressional Hall resident reported a theft from his unsecured room. Officers responded and made contact with the student.

A student reported that her wallet was missing from her room in Hughes Hall. Officers responded and made contact with the student.

Tuesday, Jan. 15

A student reported receiving threatening messages on his cell phone on-campus.