Monday, Oct. 21, 2024

Campus calendar

Thursday, Feb. 7

"Mission Improv-able's Super Thursday" 11 p.m. WHERE: Battelle-Tompkins Atrium INFO: AU's only campus comedy troupe will perform in honor of the month of February after all of the Super Tuesday excitement has ended. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail Grant Helms at grant.helms@american.edu.

Friday, Feb. 8

Inauguration of AU President Neil Kerwin 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. WHERE: Bender Arena INFO: Tickets are required to see Neil Kerwin's inauguration. There will be a campus-wide reception at 2 p.m. following the ceremony. CONTACT: For more information, call Lisa Arakaki at 202-885-2430.

Saturday, Feb. 9

Gallery Talk with William Christenberry 4 p.m. WHERE: AU Museum INFO: Artist William Christenberry and curator Andrea Douglas will lead a discussion during an informal walk-through of the AU Museum exhibition "William Christenberry: Site/Possession." The College of Arts and Sciences is sponsoring this event. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail Rachel Friedmann at museum@american.edu.

Sunday, Feb. 10

Women's Rugby Information Session 8 p.m. WHERE: Mary Graydon Center Lobby INFO: This is an information session for anyone interested in playing women's rugby at AU. No experience is necessary. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail alyssa.geisler@american.edu.

Monday, Feb. 11

"Whose Life is it Anyway?" 3:30 p.m.-5 p.m. WHERE: Butler Conference Room INFO: This is the first of a series of four workshops offered by the Career Center seeking to help students find their passions and career goals. Students must attend all four sessions. CONTACT: For more information, call the Career Center at 202-885-1804.

Tuesday, Feb. 12

Student/Faculty Tea with Professor Hamid Mowlana 3:30 p.m.-5 p.m. WHERE: SIS 205 INFO: School of International Service professor Hamid Mowlana, founder of AU's international communication program, will speak to the program's current students. Snacks will be provided during this event.

Wednesday, Feb. 13

Fiction Reading: Mary Gaitskill 8 p.m. WHERE: Butler Board Room INFO: Gaitskill will discuss her novel "Veronica," which The New York Times named as one of their 10 best books of 2005. Admission is free for this event, which is part of the Department of Literature's Visiting Writers Series. CONTACT: For more information, contact the Department of Literature at 202-885-2971.