Monday, Oct. 21, 2024

Campus Calendar

Thursday, February 14 "The Vagina Monologues" 7:30 p.m. WHERE: Washington College of Law, room 603 INFO: The Women's Law Association is presenting its rendition of "The Vagina Monologues" to inform viewers of the prevalence of violence against women. Tickets are $10 and sales will benefit the Tahirih Justice Center, an organization that engages in direct litigation, public policy advocacy, education and outreach to ensure systemic change that protects women and girls from violence. CONTACT: For more information, visit www.wcl.american.edu/org/wla.

Friday, February 15 "American's Got Talent" 8-10 p.m. WHERE: The Tavern INFO: Ten of the most talented acts at AU will perform their many abilities in the Tavern to win prizes. Tickets are $5, and all proceeds go to raise money for arts education in New Orleans. One lucky audience member will receive a $25 gift card to Guapo's. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail AUKatrinaProject@gmail.com.

Saturday, February 16 "Creative Writing Colloquium: Writing and Art" 12:30-3:30 p.m. WHERE: Katzen Arts Center INFO: Literature professor David Keplinger will lead two sessions of writing and poetry. Cookies and coffee will be served. The Creative Writing Club is hosting this event. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail Randon Noble at rnoble@american.edu.

Sunday, February 17 Diversity in Elections 2-4:30 p.m. WHERE: TBA INFO: The AU chapter of the NAACP and LASO are looking to hear more opinions about the importance of diversity in Student Government. There will be food, a presentation by Board of Elections Chair Amy McConnel, a student panel and a discussion. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail diversity@ausg.org

Monday, February 18 Science Graduate Program Open House 9:30 a.m. WHERE: Battelle-Tompkins Atrium INFO: The College of Arts and Sciences' Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and Computer Science, Audio Technology and Physics departments will be offering all students interested in pursuing a graduate degree in any of these fields the opportunity to learn more about them. CONTACT: For more information and to R.S.V.P., visit www.american.edu/academic.depts/cas.

Tuesday, February 19 Film screening: "No End In Sight" 8-10:30 p.m. WHERE: Ward 105 INFO: The Patriots for Peace club will host a screening of "No End in Sight." The movie deals with many issues related to the Iraq war. Pizza will be served for all who attend. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail Colin Herbst at ch0155a@american.edu.