Monday, Oct. 21, 2024

Inauguration Week

Calendar of Events (Thursday - Friday)

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Panel: "Coaching 101" 11 a.m. WHERE: Kettler-Palmer Lounge INFO: Men's basketball coach Jeff Jones, women's basketball coach Melissa McFerrin, field hockey coach Steve Jennings and volleyball coach Barry Goldberg will discuss coaching strategies, player motivation and the challenges and rewards of coaching.

Lunch/Panel: "AU Experiences in the late 1960s and early 1970s" Noon WHERE: MGC 3, 4 and 5 INFO: Several AU alumni who attended the university during the late 1960s and early 1970s, including AU President Neil Kerwin, will discuss their experiences and how the period changed the university. A reception for alumni will follow the panel in MGC.

Inaugural Reception/Dinner 6:30 p.m. WHERE: Katzen Arts Center INFO: The board of trustees will host this invitation-only reception and dinner in honor of AU President Neil Kerwin's inauguration.

Friday, February 8, 2008

Delegates and Alumni Breakfast 8:30 a.m. WHERE: MGC INFO: This event is invitation-only.

Inauguration Ceremony 11 a.m. WHERE: Bender Arena INFO: Kerwin will officially be sworn in as the university's president. People who wish to attend the ceremony must have tickets. They can obtain tickets by either requesting them at the Student Activities desk or by e-mailing inauguration@american.edu.

Campus Reception 2 p.m. WHERE: MGC INFO: This reception will immediately follow Kerwin's inauguration ceremony. All members of the AU community can attend this event.

Inauguration Celebration and Founders' Day Ball 7:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. WHERE: Embassy of Italy, 3000 Whitehaven St. N.W. INFO: Anyone who plans on attending the ball will need to have his/her ticket, government-issued photo ID and his/her AU ID to get in. Shuttles will run between the university's main campus and the embassy throughout the event.