Monday, Oct. 21, 2024

Police blotter

Wednesday, February 6 Someone found a heavily intoxicated female vomiting in the Katzen Arts Center. The D.C. Fire Department transported her to Sibley Hospital.

A resident assistant in Anderson Hall reported a heavy smell of marijuana in a room. Public Safety officers responded but found no illegal drugs in the room. Housing and Dining will file charges through Judicial Affairs and Mediation Services against two students.

An AU student reported his wallet lost or stolen at an off-campus location. The student called Public Safety to request a safe ride home. Public Safety called a taxi for the student.

A staff member in Nebraska Hall reported a person took a backpack from a university vehicle, placed it in another vehicle and left the premises.

A non-resident student reported he received a fraudulent check through the mail for $2,700 from an individual on Craigslist. The individual asked the student to cash the check, keep $50 and send the rest back to him. The student contacted the Metropolitan Police Department.

An RA reported a female student feeling ill, vomiting and fainting inside of Letts Hall. DCFD transported the student to Sibley.

Friday, February 8 A staff member in Mary Graydon Center reported the loss of a camera.

Saturday, February 9 A Letts resident reported an intoxicated male student was unconscious in a men's restroom. DCFD transported the student to Sibley.

An Aramark employee reported her purse stolen from an unsecured closet inside Capital Hall. Public Safety responded, contacted MPD and took a report.

A student reported his wallet was stolen and his credit cards used without his consent. He said he believed his wallet was taken around the time before, during or shortly after riding an AU shuttle.

Sunday, Feb. 10

An RA in Anderson reported an intoxicated male student was vomiting in the men's restroom. Public Safety and DCFD responded. DCFD transported the student to Sibley.

An RA in Leonard Hall reported a disorderly resident along with several others in a dorm room. The room smelled heavily of marijuana. The RA on duty and Public Safety officers responded. The room's residents admitted to previously smoking marijuana. Housing and Dining will file charges against the residents.

An RA in Centennial Hall reported fire damage to the hallway phone on the third floor. Public Safety officers responded, photographed the vandalism and notified 2FIX.

An employee reported heavy winds caused tree branches to fall on a vehicle parked in the loading area of Tenley Café. Public Safety officers responded and took a report.

Monday, February 11 Public Safety received two calls regarding a trash can fire in front of MGC. Officers extinguished the fire. The cause of the fire is unknown.

Tuesday, February 11 A student reported that he stepped onto the sidewalk in front of the building and onto a patch of ice and fell. DCFD transported the student to Sibley.

An Aramark supervisor reported an employee slipped onto an ice patch in front of the School of International Service Building. DCFD transported the employee to Washington Hospital Center.