Monday, Oct. 21, 2024

Police blotter

Thursday, Feb. 14

A staff member reported someone had written an obscene message in the men's restroom on the second floor of Bender Library. Public Safety officers responded and contacted Aramark to remove the graffiti.

A resident assistant reported graffiti on a wall on the sixth floor north stairwell in Letts Hall. Public Safety officers responded and contacted Aramark to remove the graffiti.

A student reported that two other students were stuck in an elevator in Hughes Hall. The D.C. Fire Department responded and got the students out of the elevator.

Friday, Feb. 15

A Public Safety officer who was patrolling through the Centennial Hall garage's lower level noticed a vehicle had items thrown and smeared all over it. Public Safety took photos of the vandalism and generated a report.

Saturday, Feb. 16

A student used an emergency phone to report three students were stuck in an elevator near the seventh floor in Hughes. DCFD and officials from AU's Physical Plant responded. DCFD got the students out and took the elevator out of service for repairs.

An RA on duty in Centennial reported a student was intoxicated, conscious, coherent and vomiting. The student refused medical assistance.

An RA on duty in Anderson Hall reported a faculty member had requested to go to the hospital. The faculty member got transported to Sibley Hospital.

An RA on duty in Leonard Hall reported an intoxicated individual was vomiting in a men's restroom. DCFD transported the individual to Sibley.

A student reported that someone stole his wallet from an unsecured locker in the Jacobs Fitness Center while he was working out. Public Safety responded and notified the Metropolitan Police Department.

A student in Letts reported being propositioned by an unknown individual also believed to have been a student.

Sunday, Feb. 17

Someone activated fire alarm pull stations on the first and third floors of Mary Graydon Center. Occupants evacuated the building. Public Safety did not find any signs of smoke or fire and determined the alarm activation was a false report.

A Howard University student reported someone stole her wallet from a purse she left unattended in MGC during a dance. The wallet was later found in a men's restroom, but someone had removed the owner's credit cards and photo identification.

Another Howard student reported someone stole her check card from an unattended purse during a dance in MGC.

A third Howard student reported someone stole a wallet from her purse while she was attending a dance in MGC.

A student in Leonard reported becoming ill and vomiting. DCFD transported the student to Sibley.

A student reported she injured her nose when she was playing basketball in Bender Arena. The student received a cab voucher to go to Sibley.

Monday, Feb. 18

Someone discharged a chemical fire extinguisher under three office doors in MGC and Butler Pavillion. The vandalism caused damage to objects in the offices. Aramark came to clean up the area.

Tuesday, Feb. 19

A student became unconscious while giving a class presentation in Hurst Hall. Public Safety and DCFD responded. They evaluated the student's condition but the student refused further medical assistance.

Wednesday, Feb. 20

An RA on duty in Leonard reported a student was having abdominal pain. DCFD transported the student to Sibley.

A faculty member reported a student fainted and regained consciousness in a classroom in Hurst. Public Safety responded but the student refused medical assistance.

Public Safety officers responded to a fire alarm activation in Bender Library. They determined the source of the alarm was burnt food in the building's break room. Officers cleared the alarm and allowed occupants back in the building.

A student reported her wallet stolen from an unsecured locker in the women's locker room. Public Safety and MPD responded.

A student reported his iPod was stolen from his unoccupied and unsecured room in Leonard while he went to the restroom and lounge. Public Safety and MPD responded.

Two students reported they were stuck in an elevator in Hughes. Public Safety, an RA, Facilities Management and DCFD responded. They released the students from the elevator and placed the elevator car out of service for repairs.

Thursday, Feb. 21

A faculty member reported he had an unpleasant conversation with a former contractor in the parking lot outside of Clark Hall.

An AU employee slipped and fell in front of the South side shuttle stop. The employee reported having pain but refused medical attention.

A student reported his bag was taken from an unsecured cubbyhole in the Jacobs Fitness Center. The bag was later found but cash and his cell phone were missing.

Friday, Feb. 22

A student in Leonard requested medical attention after experienc