RUNNING  'TO-GET-HER' - An Old Dominion athlete attempts to score a goal with her teammate while an Eagle defender effortlessly runs at her side in an attempt to stop her and break up the play. The Eagles are now 1-3 on the season, having lost to Drexel a

Lacrosse remains winless at home

Despite its high intensity level, the women's lacrosse team was unable to capture a win against Old Dominion at its second home game of the season, falling 9-5.

The Eagles fell behind early and found themselves unable to ever gain control of the scoreboard. Only 11 minutes into the game, AU was down 3-0. With two minutes remaining in the first half, the Monarchs seemed unstoppable as they added another point to the scoreboard.

AU maintained their composure and opened their scoring when senior Lauren Lane pushed the score to 4-1 with an unassisted shot.

The Eagles started the second half off strong and ready to take down their opponents. However, Old Dominion took control, gaining the first two goals of the second half and giving AU an even greater gap of 6-1.

Junior Gina Ibello scored two goals throughout the game but was unable to help bring down Old Dominion's strong offensive players.

AU players had strong ground balls throughout the game and multiple impressive interceptions. AU matched Old Dominion in almost all areas except for successful shots. Goalie Kristine Vida saved 11 shots for the Eagles throughout the game.

With this loss, the Eagles' record falls to 1-3 on the season. The next game is Tuesday at home against Towson.