Monday, Oct. 21, 2024

Campus calendar

Thursday, April 17

Green on the Screen: "The Greening of Cuba" 12:30-1:30 p.m. WHERE: Bender Library INFO: The University Library will present a screening of "The Greening of Cuba," which discusses the changes in Cubans' wellbeing and health since the fall of the Soviet Union. CONTACT: For more information, call Chris Lewis at 202-885-3257.

Friday, April 18

"Health-fest Extravaganza" 11 a.m.-3 p.m. WHERE: Main quad INFO: Participants can learn about smoking, nutrition and fitness and enjoy free Robeks smoothies at this health fair. There will be a dunking booth, DJ, activities and prizes at the event. The Residence Hall Association, Women's Initiative and other groups will sponsor this event. CONTACT: For more information, contact Megan Miraglia at megmirags@yahoo.com.

Saturday, April 19

Concert: "Still in Motion" 8 p.m. WHERE: Greenberg Theatre INFO: The Department of Performing Arts' "Still in Motion" concert will present selections from many different styles of dance. Admission to this event is free. CONTACT: For more information, contact Kat Gannon at gannon@american.edu.

Sunday, April 20

"A Tribute to American Music" 3 p.m. WHERE: Katzen Arts Center, Abramson Family Recital Hall INFO: AU's Wind Ensemble will present this concert as a tribute to some of America's greatest musical compositions. CONTACT: For more information, contact Kat Gannon at gannon@american.edu.

Tuesday, April 22

SUB Cinema: "Animal House" 9 p.m.-3 a.m. WHERE: Main quad INFO: The Student Union Board and Student Government will show "Animal House" on the main quad. All participants must wear togas. There will be free popcorn, drinks and snacks during the event. There will also be a raffle to win two tickets to see the Jimmy Eat World and Paramore concert. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail sub@ausg.org.

Wednesday, April 23

"China and the United States and East Asian Community Building" 2-3 p.m. WHERE: School of International Service, Room 205 INFO: University of Hong Kong political science professor Richard Hu will speak about the relationship between China and the United States. The Center for Asian Studies will sponsor this event. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail asianstudies@american.edu.