Monday, Oct. 21, 2024

Police blotter

Wednesday, March 26

A resident assistant reported a student was intoxicated and unable to walk unassisted on the north side of the Letts-Anderson Quad. Public Safety officers found the student in the company of another student on the tennis courts. Officers determined the intoxicated student was semi-conscious, unable to speak and barely able to stand up. A witness indicated the intoxicated student drank between 12 and 14 shots of vodka. The D.C. Fire Department transported the intoxicated student to Sibley Hospital.

A Terrace Dining Room staff member reported an unauthorized nonaffiliate female was in TDR's kitchen area. The nonaffiliate reportedly refused to leave the premises. Public Safety officers responded, photographed the nonaffiliate, barred her from campus and escorted her off university property.

Friday, March 28

The RA on-duty reported there was racially offensive graffiti on the door to a store room in Anderson Hall. A Public Safety officer responded and found the graffiti was composed of two ink stamps of the words "White Power!!" Officers could not find anyone who witnessed the graffiti being applied to the door. They took photographs of the graffiti and wiped the graffiti off the door.

Saturday, March 29

An RA reported a student was intoxicated in an Anderson dorm room. The student appeared to be intoxicated and was covered in her own vomit and feces. She said she had consumed alcohol at an off-campus party. The resident director also responded to the scene. DCFD transported the student to Sibley.

Public Safety officers encountered an individual who was intoxicated, semi-conscious and lying on the floor near the first floor elevator bank in Mary Graydon Center. The individual appeared to have consumed large amounts of alcohol. Officers contacted Aramark to clean up the area. DCFD transported the individual to Sibley.

The RA on-duty reported there were unauthorized individuals in Anderson who refused to leave. They reportedly verbally harassed and physically threatened another RA. The RA contacted the RA on-duty. The RA on-duty asked the individuals to leave, and they refused. Another RA responded to assist the RA on-duty. They contacted the RD on duty and Public Safety after the individuals continued harassing residence hall staff. The individuals claimed to be visiting a friend who lived in the hall. Officers barred the individuals from university property.

Sunday, March 30

An AU shuttle driver reported a student was intoxicated and causing a disturbance on the bus at the South side shuttle stop. Public Safety officers responded and determined the student was neither intoxicated nor causing a disturbance. The student told officers he was taking medications and had gotten fidgety and impulsive while on the bus. The student refused medical assistance. Officers did not contact DCFD but did contact the RD on-duty.

A Public Safety officer observed an intoxicated individual was attempting to steal a Public Safety vehicle. At the same time, the officer responded to a taxi driver in the vicinity who claimed the four individuals in his car refused to pay their fare and that two had physically assaulted him. Additional officers responded and determined the four individuals in the cab were intoxicated. Public Safety contacted the Metropolitan Police Department. Public Safety and MPD officers determined the two individuals who assaulted the cab driver were not affiliated with AU. MPD officers arrested the two and barred them from university property. They also charged one of the individuals with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. The two other cab passengers identified themselves as students and denied involvement in the assault. One of them paid the cab fare.

An RD on-duty reported that an unknown individual moved furniture in the fifth floor lounge in Centennial Hall. The individual had placed the furniture in the hallway, blocking several dorm rooms and emptied the contents of a trash can on the floor. Public Safety contacted Aramark to clean up the trash. RDs indicated they would have the furniture returned to the lounge. An officer photographed the trash and displaced furniture.

A student in Hughes Hall reported a stray cat he had attempted to capture bit him. DCFD transported the student to Sibley for further observation.

A student reported that someone stole her wallet from her unattended book bag on the second floor of Bender Library while she was using a computer. When she returned, she noticed a zipper was unzipped and her wallet was missing. Nobody witnessed the incident.

An employee in the Jacobs Fitness Center reported someone stole his wallet from an unsecured locker in the men's locker room while he was using the center's facilities.

Monday, March 31

A student reported someone had stolen his bicycle and a lock from the entrance to Anderson. He had secured the bicycle to a railing using a cable lock.

Tuesday, April 1

An off-campus student reported receiving inappropriate and harassing online instant messages from a classmate.

A student in Anderson requested a cab voucher to go to Sibley after having a severe headache. The student also reported feeling weak after Public Safety officers arrived at the scene. DCFD transported the student and a friend to Sibley.

A staff member reported someone had written "REMEMBER BURMA" in marker of a stall in the men's restroom on the lower level OF Bender Library. Public Safety officers photographed the graffiti.

A student reported someone had stolen two bank cards from his wallet. The student had left belongings, including his wallet, in an unsecured locker while using the Jacobs Fitness Center March 28. The student discovered the cards were missing March 31. When the student notified the banks, he discovered someone had used the cards March 28. The student was advised to file a report with MPD.