Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2024

Campus brief

Alum receives PR award

AU alumnus David Drobis will receive the Arthur W. Page Society's 2008 Hall of Fame award, according to a press release from the society.

Drobis will receive the award for his outstanding achievements in the public relations field, specifically for his outstanding work with Ketchum, the agency where he worked for 36 years, according to a press release.

Drobis received his master's degree in journalism and public relations from AU in 1965. He joined Ketchum in 1967 where he helped expand the company into one of the top PR agencies in the world.

Along with his achievements at Ketchum, Drobis has also served as a president of the Arthur W. Page Society, founding chair of the Council of Public Relations firms. PRWeek named him one of 10 most influential people in the PR industry in 2000, according to the press release.

Drobis is currently serving on the School of Communication's Dean's Advisory Committee. He is also an AU trustee and chairs the university board's communications committee, according to the press release.

Drobis will officially receive the Arthur Page Award during the Arthur W. Page Society's 25th annual conference, which runs through Tuesday.

-ANNA TUMAN