Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2024

Campus brief

Board approves strategic plan thus far

AU's board of trustees approved the Strategic Planning Committee's progress during their meeting in late September, President Neil Kerwin said in an e-mail to the campus community Wednesday.

"The trustees were impressed with the process that has brought the plan to its current state and with the quality of analysis and ideas presented in both themes and goals," he said in the e-mail.

The committee's next step is to put together a revised version of the Strategic Plan based on the feedback they have received from both the campus community and the board, according to e-mail.

The trustees hope that the next draft of the strategic plan will consist of more concise goals for the university, Kerwin said in the e-mail.

Members of the AU community can give feedback on the strategic plan. Students can send comments on the plan to the committee on the Strategic Plan blog or by e-mailing the committee at strategicplan@american.edu. They can also attend a town hall meeting on the subject Oct. 28, at noon. The meeting will be held in Mary Graydon Center, rooms 4-6.

-ANNA TUMAN