Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2024

Campus calendar

Thursday, Oct. 30 Speech: French Deputy Ambassador Fran?ois Rivasseau 2:30-3:30 p.m. WHERE: School of International Service Lounge INFO: Rivasseau will speak about the French presidency of the European Union and diplomatic relations between the United States and the EU. The AU French Club is sponsoring this event. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail frenchclub@american.edu.

Friday, Oct. 31 Student Government Trick-or-Treating 2-4 p.m. WHERE: MGC second floor INFO: Drop by the SG's offices for some candy and meet your SG representatives. CONTACT: For more information, visit ausg.org.

Saturday, Nov. 1 "Thoroughly Modern Millie" 8 p.m. WHERE: Greenberg Theatre INFO: See the last performance of the high-spirited musical that features the story of a young woman who moved to 1920s New York. Tickets are $5 for AU students and $10-15 for guests. CONTACT: For more information and to buy tickets, visit american.tix.com.

Sunday, Nov. 2 AU Symphony Orchestra Concerto and Aria Competition 3 p.m. WHERE: Katzen Arts Center, Abramson Family Recital Hall INFO: Instrumental and vocal students will perform in the semi-final and final rounds of the competition, which will take place both Nov. 1 and Nov. 2. The winners will perform with the AU Symphony Orchestra. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail kac@american.edu.

Monday, Nov. 3 AU Jewish Studies scholarly lecture on the Bible 4-5 p.m. WHERE: MGC 245 INFO: Leila Berner, AU scholar in residence, will discuss "How Jews Read the Bible: Interpreting and Living a Sacred Text." CONTACT: For more information, e-mail judaic@american.edu.

Tuesday, Nov. 4 Election Night Spectacular with German news channel ZDF 7 p.m. WHERE: Tavern INFO: Students can watch election coverage with the German news channel ZDF, who will be broadcasting with a live panel. CONTACT: For more information visit ausg.org/calendar or e-mail kpu@ausg.org.