Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2024

Police blotter

Oct. 30

A fire alarm was activated in the on-campus McDonald's restaurant. No fire was found. A contractor advised the alarm was activated while he was working in the area.

A student fell and hit her head while she was walking inside Anderson Hall. The student refused medical treatment and transport and signed a medical refusal form.

A smoke detector head in a kitchen near the elevator in the Marketplace area of Mary Graydon Center activated the building's fire alarm system. Facilities Management responded to the scene and found no smoke or fire. Personnel reset the alarm and allowed people to re-enter the building.

A student's bike was stolen from the front of Congressional Hall. It had been locked to a railing on the building's steps. The cable was cut.

Oct. 31

A community member reported a handicap placard was stolen from his secured vehicle while parked in the School of International Service parking lot. There were no signs of damage to the vehicle. The member was advised to contact the Metropolitan Police Department.

A community member reported his bicycle, which he had secured to a tree outside Hughes Hall, was stolen.

The D.C. Fire Department transported a reportedly heavily intoxicated student to Sibley Hospital. The student said she consumed seven-and-a-half shots of liquor, two cups of wine and a beer.

Nov. 1

DCFD transported a reportedly heavily intoxicated student to Sibley. A witness reported the student drank several cups of mixed drinks that contained vodka.

DCFD transported a reportedly heavily intoxicated student from a room in Anderson Hall to Sibley. A resident assistant advised the student was not responsive and was going in and out of consciousness.

A community member reported a fire alarm had been activated in Federal Hall. Public Safety officers responded and discovered an audible alarm at Constitution Hall. Officers noted a sprinkler system was activated in the women's lobby restroom due to smoke in the area. DCFD personnel advised a fire had occurred in the restroom and had been extinguished by the sprinkler system. Preliminary information suggested a paper towel dispenser was set on fire. Facilities Management staff arrived and ceased the sprinkler's water flow. DCFD investigators arrived. Aramark was notified to clean the water damage.

DCFD/EMS transported a sick student with a suspected post surgery infection to a hospital from Leonard Hall.

A student tripped while jogging outside the Washington College of Law and sustained abrasions to her knee, palms and left eye area. After the student received first aid from an officer, she refused additional medical attention and signed a refusal form.

Nov. 2

Two students were vomiting and went in and out of consciousness in a women's restroom in Hughes. One student stated she consumed too much alcohol. DCFD/EMS transported them to Sibley.

An AU shuttle bus was at a standstill on Asbury Roadway when a vehicle struck it as it attempted to go around the bus. No injuries were reported.

A fire extinguisher discharged in a sixth floor lounge in Letts Hall.

Individuals argued outside McDowell Hall about which of two NFL teams was the best. During the argument, a suspect who appeared intoxicated used anti-gay slurs toward others. When the victim told the suspect to apologize for the remark, the suspect slapped the victim on the lip. The victim wrestled with the suspect and got him in a chokehold while telling him to apologize. The suspect sustained a bruise to his face. The victim stated he did not need medical assistance. The suspect signed a medical refusal form.

An RA reported four males were drinking alcohol in the Letts/Anderson quad. Officers located six individuals who were talking loudly and smoking. Several open bottles of alcohol were found in their immediate proximity. The individuals denied consuming alcohol and claimed the bottles were there upon their arrival. The individuals were advised Judicial Affairs and Mediation Services would be notified.

An RA found a student in a bathroom stall in Letts. The student was initially unresponsive, but later complained of stomach pain and stated her illness was not alcohol related. The student did not appear to be intoxicated. The student signed a medical refusal form and returned to her room.

A student was found intoxicated in a restroom in Letts. He was conscious, slightly coherent, and covered with vomit. DCFD/EMS transported him to Sibley.