Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2024

Police blotter

Nov. 12

An unattended laptop computer was stolen from a book bag on a chair in Bender Library when the victim went to dine at another location.

Nov. 13

An elevator technician released a student from a stuck elevator in Letts Hall. The student was not injured.

An unattended, unsecured laptop computer was stolen from under a desk at a cubicle. The computer was left unattended when the victim walked away from the cubicle.

An unattended phone was stolen from a desk in a cubicle in Bender Library. The phone was left unattended when the victim walked away from the cubicle.

Nov. 14

A student fainted while taking a shower in Letts. The Metropolitan Police Department, the D.C. Fire Department, Emergency Medical Services and AU Public Safety officers responded. The student was conscious and coherent upon officer's arrival. She was transported to Sibley Hospital.

The mother of an AU student reported she received an e-mail from an unknown person appearing to be concerned about the welfare of her daughter. Police contacted the student, but the student said the e-mail was a hoax perpetrated by a classmate with whom she had an unfriendly encounter.

Nov. 15

An apparently intoxicated student was found vomiting in a women's restroom in Letts. DCFD/EMS responded. She was transported to Sibley.

An apparently intoxicated student was found stumbling and somewhat coherent in the front lobby if Letts Hall. DCFD/EMS responded. The student was transported to Sibley.

Reportedly, a student in Letts intentionally ingested more of his prescription medication than prescribed. DCFD transported the conscious and coherent student to Sibley.

Three resident students were stuck in an elevator in Letts. Facilities Management, DCFD and Public Safety were on the scene. DCFD released them from the elevator without injury.

During floor rounds, a resident assistant reported smelling marijuana emanating from two rooms in Centennial Hall. The residents did not respond to a knock at the door. A resident director keyed into the rooms and found drug paraphernalia in a sink in the bathroom joining the two rooms. The RD left a pink notification of entry form in each room. The resident director confirmed that Housing and Dining Programs would adjudicate the matter in cooperation with Judicial Affairs and Mediation Services.

Nov. 16

DCFD/EMS transported an apparently intoxicated 19-year-old student in Letts to Sibley. The student indicated he drank vodka and beer at an off campus fraternity party. The student vomited profusely prior to being transported.

DCFD and EMS transported an apparently intoxicated 18-year-old student in Anderson Hall to Sibley. The student indicated he drank vodka at an off-campus location. The student vomited profusely prior to being transported.

Officers responded to a report of an unconscious student in the Butler Pavilion. The student reported she became unconscious for no longer than a minute during a sorority event. She appeared sober and coherent. She refused medical attention and signed a medical refusal form.

Officers responded to a noise complaint coming from a room in Leonard Hall. A resident assistant advised when she entered the room she discovered 15 cans of beer and approximately 11 individuals occupying the room. The resident director confirmed that Housing and Dining would adjudicate the incident in cooperation with JAMS.

Nov. 17

Officers and DCFD/EMS responded to a report of an unconscious student in a hallway. The student was found conscious and coherent but weak. She was transported to Sibley Hospital.

Officers and DCFD/EMS responded to the Student Health Center where a student requested transport to Sibley. The student indicated he went to Sibley Nov. 13 and received medication for an infection in his foot. He believed the infection spread and caused him to become dizzy and chilled. He was transported to Sibley.

A student reported someone scratched the letter "M" into the hood of her parked vehicle in the Centennial garage. Another scratch extended from her passenger side door handle to the front tire.

A student parked in front of her Bethesda, Md., residence and exited her vehicle. Three unidentified suspects exited a vehicle across the street and confronted her. They displayed a handgun and demanded property. The victim refused. She and the suspect with the gun struggled for her bag. The suspect hit her on the head with the gun. The suspects entered their vehicle and left in an unknown direction. Montgomery County Police Department took a report of the incident. The victim was transported to a nearby hospital and treated for three head lacerations. Her wallet and other items were stolen.

A student's wallet was stolen from an unsecured locker in the Jacobs Fitness Center while the victim was in the gym.