Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2024

Campus calendar

Thursday, Jan. 29 Lecture: "Views from Behind the Podium" 8:15 p.m. WHERE: Bender Arena INFO: Former White House Press Secretaries Ari Fleischer and Dee Dee Myers will talk about a press secretary's impact during the presidential administration's first days and will answer questions at this Kennedy Political Union-sponsored event. CONTACT: For more information, call Heather Buckner at 202-885-5902.

Friday, Jan. 30 Facilitating Leadership in Youth Fashion Show 8-11 p.m. WHERE: The Tavern INFO: The organization Facilitating Leadership in Youth will hold a fashion show benefit. Tickets cost $5. CONTACT: For more information, visit www.flyouth.org.

Saturday, Jan. 31 Artists' Reception 6-9 p.m. WHERE: Katzen Arts Center, AU Museum INFO: Visit the Katzen Arts Center's museum to view the opening of the Winter 2009 exhibitions. CONTACT: For more information, visit www.american.edu/museum.

Monday, Feb. 2 Relay for Life kickoff 8-10 p.m. WHERE: GARC INFO: Colleges Against Cancer invites students to sign up for Relay for Life during a night of games, activities and giveaways. CONTACT: For more information, visit www.americanrelay.org.

Tuesday, Jan. 3 Panel: "Entry-Level Careers in International Service" 4-5 p.m. WHERE: School of International Service Lounge INFO: AU alumni will discuss their careers in international service and give information about how to break into the field. CONTACT: For more information, visit eagleeye.american.edu/careercenter/details.cfm?event_ID=4703.

Wednesday, Jan. 4 Rock Band Tournament 7-9 p.m. WHERE: The Tavern INFO: Play a game or two of Rock Band and enjoy free refreshments during the Student Union Board's Eagle Nights. CONTACT: For more information, visit sub.ausg.org.