Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2024

Police blotter

Feb. 11

Graffiti was found on a wall in Katzen Arts Center, written in black ink. Officials contacted Aramark to have it removed.

A student was stuck in a Hughes Hall elevator. A resident director, Facilities Management personnel and the D.C. Fire Department responded. DCFD released the student and placed the elevator out of service. No injuries were reported.

A community member was reported sick in Letts Hall due to alcohol consumption. The individual was transported to the hospital.

Feb. 12

DCFD transported a student in McDowell Hall to the hospital. The student was experiencing a migraine with nausea and had no feeling on the left side of his body.

Feb. 13

A student in Letts indicated she had a high fever and was feeling ill. She refused medical transport and completed a medical refusal form. She said a friend would take her to a hospital.

An employee reported damage to an elevator in Federal Hall. Three call buttons were burned and the carpet had been removed.

Feb. 15

Fire extinguishers were discharged in the Anderson Hall south terrace lounge. Two discharged extinguishers were found in the lounge. There were no indications a fire had occurred. The reporting person said she would contact Aramark to have the area cleaned and Facilities Management to have the extinguishers recharged.

A fire extinguisher was discharged in the Letts fifth floor north laundry room. A discharged extinguisher was found in the room. There were no indications a fire had occurred. The reporting person said she would contact Aramark to have the area cleaned and Facilities Management to have the extinguisher recharged.

A fire extinguisher was discharged in the Centennial Hall third floor lounge. Officials contacted Aramark to clean the area.

Graffiti was discovered between Letts rooms 323 and 325. Officials contacted Aramark to have it removed.

Feb. 16

Graffiti was discovered near the terrace level of a stairwell in the Mary Graydon Center. Officials took pictures of the affected area and generated a report. Aramark was notified of the damage.

A community member in Anderson reported another community member was ill. DCFD and Public Safety responded and the community member was transported to a hospital.