Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2024

Police blotter

Feb. 17

A bicycle was stolen from a bike rack in the Katzen Arts Center garage. The bike had been secured with a combination lock.

Feb. 18

A secured door leading to the southern first floor hallway in Letts Hall was damaged. The security mechanism was detached from the wall. Housing and Dining Programs was notified.

The D.C. Fire Department and the AU Department of Public Safety responded to a report of a person in Constitution Hall having a seizure. Upon arrival, the individual was conscious and seated in a chair, but was unable to speak and lacked basic motor skills. DCFD transported her to the hospital.

Feb. 19

Doors to the bridge between Leonard and McDowell Halls were vandalized.

Clothes were taken from a laundry room in Anderson Hall.

An employee reported missing AU keys. He was not sure where he lost them.

Feb. 20

A fire alarm activated in the Sports Center garage. Public Safety officers found high-pressured water escaping from a ruptured dry pipe. Facilities Management arrived and indicated the water had been turned off. The water did not create a hazard to people or property. Cold weather may have been a factor in the rupture.

Feb. 21

A cab driver reported he drove an unidentified female to Anderson Hall, and she did not pay her fare.

A student reported her purse was stolen while she was at an off-campus location. The Metropolitan Police Department was contacted.

Feb. 22

DCFD responded and opened a stuck elevator in Leonard, allowing several students to exit without injury. The elevator was taken out of service.

DCFD ambulance transported a student in McDowell who was experiencing chest pains, vomiting and was feeling light headed and dizzy to the hospital.

Feb. 23

An employee in the Constitution Building reported a lost credit card.

Feb. 24

A fire alarm in Federal Hall originated from a first floor elevator vestibule. No smoke or fire was found. DPS silenced the alarm. Facilities Management reset the elevator.

DCFD transported a student in McDowell who was vomiting and felt light-headed to the hospital.

A British police Billy club was stolen from the Ward Circle Building.

Public Safety arrested an individual in Bender Library who had been previously barred. He was processed by MPD.