Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2024

SG brief

Council fails to give budgets

Five AU councils have not submitted budget proposals for the upcoming year, according to Class of 2010 Sen. Steve Dalton at Sunday's Undergraduate Senate meeting.

The Class of 2010 Council, Class of 2012 Council, Arts Council, College of Arts and Sciences Council and Eagle Nights did not present budget proposals to the senate budget committee, Dalton said.

He e-mailed the councils to tell them about the danger of not giving a budget, Dalton said. He told to the senators that the councils do not receive funding if they do not present proposals.

Anthony Dunham, parliamentarian of the Student Government, said the senate has the right to allocate funding as they see fit to groups that do not submit requests.

Sen. Dalton said he sees "zero funding" as fit for the tardy councils.

Multiple senators agreed to invite the councils to the next Senate meeting to allow the groups time to explain their delay and to request funding. They also discussed the possibility of a bill that would require councils to report to their prospective senators.

-LINDSEY ANDERSON