Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2024

Campus calendar

Thursday, April 9 Ask A Veteran Forum 7-9 p.m. WHERE: Ward 1 INFO: AU student veterans will share stories and take questions from the audience during a panel on the current war, what it's like to serve and the transition back to civilian life. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail brandonkrapf@gmail.com.

Friday, April 10 Dance: "International Vibe" 7 p.m. WHERE: The Tavern INFO: The International Student Leadership Team's international festival will include dishes from 15 different regions, a talent and fashion show and dancing. Tickets cost $20 at the door, or are available for advance purchase for $15 in advance from Butler Pavilion, room 410. CONTACT: For more information, visit www.american.edu/ocl/isss/upload/ISLT-International-Festival-Sp09-Flyer.pdf.

Saturday, April 11 Holi Festival of Color 1-4 p.m. WHERE: Main quad INFO: Join in on the South Asian Student Association's celebration of spring. The festival involves throwing colored powder and water at each other. Participants are encouraged to bring white clothes. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail sasa@american.edu.

Sunday, April 12 Film: "Campfire" 7 p.m. WHERE: Bender Library, Media Classroom INFO: "Campfire," the story of a widowed mother and her two daughters who want to join a new settlement in the West Bank, is the latest in the Discover World Cinema video series. CONTACT: For more information, visit www.library.american.edu/about/events/discover.html.

Monday, April 13 Lebanese Festival 7-11 p.m. WHERE: Main quad INFO: The Lebanese Cultural Club will share information about Lebanese culture and samples of stuffed grape leaves during this event. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail atieh@american.edu.

Tuesday, April 14 Campus Beautification Day 8 a.m.-2 p.m. WHERE: Main quad, Tenley Campus and the Brandywine building INFO: Faculty, staff and students will be able to help beautify the campus by installing plants, placing mulch and cleaning up the campus. A barbecue in the Woods-Brown Amphitheater will follow planting. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail kkirlin@american.edu.