Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2024

Police blotter

Thursday, Sept. 24

A sign was taken from behind the Katzen Arts Center.

A smoke detector on the fourth floor of a building at 4620 Wisconsin Ave. N.W. activated the fire alarm. The building was evacuated. DCFD and Department of Public Safety responded. No signs of smoke or fire were found.

A bicycle was taken from a bike rack near Congressional Hall. The bike had been secured to the rack via chain and lock.

Friday, Sept. 25

A derogatory remark and a picture of a phallus were written on a resident assistant’s dry erase board attached to her Letts room door.

A bicycle was taken from a bike rack outside the McKinley Building. The bike had been secured with a key operated bike lock.

Saturday, Sept. 26

DPS saw a suspect from a previous case walking in the LA Quad. The Metro Police Department was notified. DPS barred the individual from AU property and escorted him off campus.

DCFD and EMS transported a sick student to the hospital from Congressional Hall. Witnesses reported the student drank several shots of alcohol at an off campus location. The student was vomiting, spoke in a slurred speech pattern, and was unable to stand without assistance.

A letter was missing from a sign located on the exterior of the Katzen Art Center.

Two credit cards and cash were taken from a wallet in an unsecured locker in the Sports Center.

Sunday, Sept. 27

DCFD and EMS transported an injured student to the hospital.

A fire was extinguished in an Anderson Hall elevator electrical panel. DCFD was called and responded. No injuries were reported.

Graffiti was drawn on a blackboard in the McDowell Hall formal lounge.

A complainant and two witnesses left their bags unattended at a MGC table as they went to get food. The complainant believes her cell phone was removed from her bag during this time.

Contractors indicated dust from their work activated a fire alarm in the McKinley Building. No signs of smoke or fire were found. The alarm was reset. There were no reports of damage or injuries.

Two rings were taken from a secured locker at the Jacobs Ball Field area.

Two letters were taken from a sign on the exterior of the Katzen Art Center.

Monday, Sept. 28

DPS and DCFD responded to a report of a sick employee in MGC. The individual signed a medical refusal form.

A bicycle was taken outside the Kay Spiritual Center. The bike had been secured to a trash can via a cable combination lock.

An iPhone, keys and an AU ID were taken from a table while the victim went to get food in the Terrace Dining Room.

DPS responded to a report of a suspect exposing himself inside the Washington College of Law.

Tuesday, Sept. 29

DCFD and DPS responded to a report of a sick student inside Letts Hall. The student signed a medical refusal form.

An unattended and unsecured cell phone and watch were taken from a sink in a Ward Circle Building men’s restroom.

Electronics were removed from a card reader inside Letts.

The Welcome Center’s wheelchair was discovered missing from its storage location at the rear of a classroom in the Katzen Art Center.

DPS assisted a sick person outside MGC. DCFD was not contacted.