Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2024

Founders' Day Ball postponed indefinitely due to snow

The Founders’ Day Ball, originally scheduled for Feb. 20, has been postponed indefinitely due to complications resulting from this week’s historic snowfall, according to Student Government Vice President Alex Prescott.

The SG was in negotiations to have the Ball in the Old Post Office Pavilion when the snowstorm closed down the school and the Pavilion for almost all of this week.

Negotiations were made more difficult by a past occurrence in the Pavilion during a George Washington University dance, Prescott said. During the dance a student was stabbed, prompting the Pavilion to insist on more stringent security measures for the Founders’ Day Ball.

Furthermore, orders of flowers, food and other merchandise associated with the Ball were unable to be delivered on time, according to Prescott.

Orders for more merchandise were also unable to be made because those orders must go through Student Activities, which was closed for most of this week, he said.

Currently there is no set date to reschedule the Ball, according to Prescott.

You can reach this staff writer at cszold@theeagleonline.com.