Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2024

Police blotter

Feb. 10

Resident assistants reported a damaged exit sign and ceiling tiles on the second floor of Anderson Hall. Ceiling tiles were also damaged on the terrace level near a north stairwell. The RA’s were advised to contact Aramark and to initiate a 2-FIX request.

The front entrance of the roof of Butler Pavilion buckled under the weight of snow. No injuries were reported. Facilities Management was on the scene.

The Department of Public Safety responded to a report of an activated smoke detector in a lounge on the fifth floor of Letts Hall. Reportedly, two students were cooking eggs when the smoke detector sounded. One student called DPS to advise them there was no fire. No smoke or fire was present upon DPS arrival.

DPS responded to a report of a sick student in McDowell Hall. The student signed a medical refusal form.

The D.C. Fire Department transported a sick student from Hughes Hall to a local hospital.

DCFD transported an injured student from the lobby of Letts Hall to a local hospital.

Feb. 11

DCFD transported a sick student from Letts Hall to a local hospital.

DCFD transported a sick person to a local hospital.

Feb. 12

DPS and Housing and Dining checked on a student in Leonard Hall after his mother contacted DPS and expressed concern for his welfare.

Feb. 13

DPS responded to Anderson for a report of a student who was injured on the Letts-Anderson quad. The student signed a medical refusal form and was transported to a local hospital via cab.

DPS discovered vandalism in the Mary Graydon Center while conducting a routine patrol.

A hat was taken from the MGC Information Desk during a party being held in the Tavern.

DPS and DCFD responded to a report of a sick person on a shuttle bus. The individual signed a medical refusal form.

An RA in Letts reported detecting an odor of marijuana emanating from a room. Upon entering the room, the RA saw a bong. Four suspects admitted to smoking marijuana. One suspected denied smoking marijuana. One suspect initially claimed a different identity using an International Identity Card. One suspect produced a joint and small bags with suspected marijuana residue. A Resident Director gave the items to DPS. The joint tested positive for marijuana. Housing and Dining will be filing Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution Services charges.

Feb. 14

DPS responded to a fire alarm on the terrace of Anderson Hall. No smoke or fire was detected. The alarm was reset.

While responding to a fire alarm in Anderson, DPS found an intoxicated student in his bed. Upon being awakened, the student was incoherent. The student stated he had six or seven shots of rum at an off-campus location beginning around midnight. DCFD transported the student to a local hospital.

DPS discovered graffiti on an interior of a door frame in the first floor restroom of Capital Hall. Aramark was contacted to have it removed.

In the campus book store, a book store employee yelled at an individual heading towards a rear entrance with merchandise in his hand. The employee tried to grab the merchandise from the individual. The individual immediately dropped the items on the floor and ran from the store. Attempts to locate him were unsuccessful.

A shuttle bus driver reported finding two spent .357 shell casings as he exited his vehicle parked in front of DPS. A check of the area revealed no other rounds.

An RD reported confiscating some possible drugs and drug paraphernalia in Letts. DPS took custody of the other confiscated items. The leafy substance tested positive for marijuana. Housing and Dining will be filing SCCRS charges.

Feb. 15

Aramark staff reported graffiti in the men’s and women’s third-floor restrooms of MGC.

A smoke detector on the terrace level of MGC activated a fire alarm. No smoke or fire was detected. Reportedly, Facilities Management was working on the smoke detection system and the alarm sounded in error.

DCFD transported a sick student from MGC to a local hospital.

Metropolitan Police Department transported a sick student from Anderson to a local hospital.

A bus driver reported a suspect boarded his bus at the Katzen Garage Shuttle Stop and became hostile and very demanding. The suspect wanted the driver to turn the heat up on the bus. The driver replied the heat was not working well. The suspect said she would smack the hell out of him. The driver contacted DPS. DPS asked the suspect to exit the bus and spoke with the suspect’s supervisor. DPS issued the suspect a barring notice which banned her from using AU shuttle services.

A student believes his bank cards were taken while he was at Jacob’s Fitness Center. Later, fraudulent charges began appearing on his bank statements. MPD was contacted.

Feb. 16

While conducting a room inspection in Leonard, an RA discovered a glass pipe which appeared to contain traces of marijuana. The pipe was located on the desk of the first suspect. The second suspect was present when DPS arrived and claimed the pipe did not belong to him. DPS tested the pipe for marijuana. The results were positive. DPS took custody of the pipe. Housing and Dining will be filing SCCRS charges.

A student reported fraudulent charges make on his EagleBucks card off-campus. An investigation continues.