Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2024

Police blotter

March 11

The Department of Public Safety found a sick raccoon and notified D.C. Animal Control.

A burglary occurred in Roper Hall. The victim stepped out of her office for a few minutes. Upon her return she noticed someone exiting her office. When she asked if she could help the individual, the individual said, "No." The victim entered her office and discovered her purse missing.

Contractors welding activated a fire alarm in Kreeger building. The building was partially evacuated. The alarm was reset.

An envelope was received in the Sports Center with white powder inside it. DPS confiscated the envelope. Aramark was contacted to clean remaining residue.

While on routine patrol, DPS discovered a trespasser in Bender Arena who had been previously barred from AU.

March 12

A cab transported an injured person from the Sports Center to a local hospital.

The D.C. Fire Department responded and released a student from a stuck elevator in Letts Hall.

DCFD/Emergency Medical Services transported an injured person from the Jacobs field area to a local hospital.

March 14

DCFD transported an injured person to a local hospital.

DPS responded for a report of a sick person outside of Bender Library. Medical refusal forms were signed.

March 16

A wallet containing bankcards was taken from Gray Hall. Fraudulent charges were made on the cards.

DPS escorted a sick person from the Asbury Building to the Student Health Center. The individual signed a medical refusal form.

DPS responded to a fire alarm indicating a sprinkler flow in the fourth floor hallway of Capital Hall. No sign of smoke or fire was found.

A resident assistant detected an odor of marijuana emanating from an Anderson Hall room. The RA contacted a resident director. They knocked on the door and received no answer. They entered the room and noticed suspected marijuana in a glass container and suspected marijuana residue in a small plastic baggie. They contacted DPS. DPS and a second resident director responded. The second RD performed an administrative search of the room. DPS confiscated the suspected marijuana. It tested positive for marijuana.

A student reported he was alone in the room when he went to sleep, and he may not have locked the door. When he woke up he discovered lights in his room had been switched on. He found a purse and two sweatshirts in the room that did not belong to him. Some doughnuts and a drink were missing from his room. An electronic game disc belonging to him had been placed in a doughnut box and frosting damaged the game disc.