Saturday, Oct. 19, 2024

Conor Sullivan takes first in 800-meter run

The AU men’s track team competed against Navy and Colgate on Saturday, ultimately finishing in third.

Conor Sullivan came in first place in the 800-meter run. The time was a personal best for Sullivan, who recorded a time of 1:53.55 and broke his own time from earlier this season. His posting from earlier in the year was the best time in the Patriot League.

Zach Wright placed second in the high jump, jumping 1.94 meters. Wright has had a solid rookie season and his performance on Saturday came up just short of tying his career high of 1.95 meters.

Jeff Brannigan finished in third place in the 1500-meter run with a time of 3:52.38. He was one of three Eagles to finish in the top 10 in the meet. Craig Brown came in fourth place in the run with a time of 3:55.51 and Josh Olsen came in fifth with a personal best time of 3:57.14.

AU had four athletes place in the top 10 in the 5000-meter run. Mark Allen came in fourth with a time of 14:54.50. Garret Martucci came in seventh place with a time of 15:20.87, while Ryan Williams came in eighth with a time of 15:28.24. Finally, Mark Leininger came in 10th with a time of 15:35.57.

Matt Farrow competed in the 400-meter dash and the 200-meter dash. His time in the 400-meter was a 50.26. Meanwhile he posted a final time of 23.29 in the 200-meter, which is the ninth fastest in AU history.

Next up for the men’s and women’s track teams is a meet at the Bison Outdoor Classic in Lewisburg, Pa., from April 9 to 10. It will be the second to last meet before the 2010 Patriot League Outdoor Track and Field Championships, which take place April 31 and May 1.

You can reach this writer at sports@theeagleonline.com.