Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2024

Police Blotter

MARCH 31

D.C. Fire Department and the Department of Public Safety responded to an injured person on a shuttle. The individual signed a medical refusal form. Reportedly, a friend responded to transport the individual to a local hospital.

A resident was in her room when she heard someone keying into her front door in Nebraska Hall. The resident then heard a voice in her apartment say, “Someone is in the apartment. Wake up!” The resident locked herself in her bedroom and notified DPS. There were no signs of forced entry. Nothing was reported missing from the apartment.

An AU-issued laptop was taken while the complainant stepped away from the office on 4200 Wisconsin Avenue. There was no personal information stored on the computer.

APRIL 1

DPS responded to a fire alarm in Letts Hall. A contractor said he was working on a fire pump. The alarm activated by mistake when he turned the pump on. No evidence of smoke or fire was found.

DCFD transported an injured person from Bender Arena to a local hospital.

APRIL 2

DCFD transported a sick person from Anderson to a local hospital.

DPS responded to a report from Housing and Dining of a drug deal occurring in a second floor room in McDowell Hall. The resident of the room indicated that there was nothing illegal in the room. During an administrative search, drug paraphernalia, drugs, alcohol and other contraband items were confiscated. The minor’s parents were contacted.

A group called “American University Students for Liberty” placed a homemade banner on the outside fencing of the 5th floor level of the Sports Center garage. The banner was to alert the community that a meeting was to be held in Ward 1 on Wednesday, April 7th, at 9 p.m. The banner was stolen and removed.

A laptop computer was taken from a room in Federal Hall, which was left unoccupied and unsecured for a portion of the time in which it could have been taken. There was no personal or sensitive information on the computer.

A shuttle driver reported a heavily intoxicated passenger was on his bus. The passenger stated he was underage and had two drinks at a bar in Dupont Circle. He said he was trying to return to his residence hall room in Congressional Hall. He was escorted to Tenley Campus.

APRIL 3

The Metropolitan Police Department responded to a call about an unconscious individual in front of an apartment building at 4000 Massachusetts Avenue. MPD found an individual unconscious and heavily intoxicated. The individual was transported to a local hospital.

A complainant discovered a waffle machine missing from the top of a table in Federal Hall. Two witnesses observed a group of six individuals near the machine but did not actually see them take it.

APRIL 4

DPS and DCFD responded to a report of a sick person at Ward Circle. She was escorted to the Health Center.

DCFD transported a sick person from the Asbury building to a local hospital.

APRIL 6

A Shuttle Bus driver reported that a dump truck struck the driver’s side mirror of the bus. The truck did not stop. No injuries were reported.

A credit card machine was discovered missing in the Mary Graydon Center.

A bicycle was taken from the Letts/Anderson quad. It had been secured to a bike rack with a cable lock.

A complainant reported she parked her bicycle at a bike rack outside of Ward. When she returned, she noticed the rear wheel was flat.

DPS observed three individuals sitting on a bench by the tennis courts. As DPS approached, the individuals ran. DPS caught up with them. They were in possession of two cases and four 40 oz containers of beer and indicated they were consuming the beer. DPS confiscated the items. The incident will be forwarded to the Office of Student Conduct.