Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2024

Police blotter

April 7

Dust from work activated a smoke detector and fire alarm in Kreeger. The area was ventilated.

An AU vehicle was damaged while being driven between bollards in the Letts/Anderson Quad. No injuries were reported.

A complainant and a witness were standing on the bridge between the Mary Graydon Center and Battelle. Several males dressed in costumes ran toward them. One person threw an empty water bottle in their direction. One person threw a stick in the direction of an unidentified professor standing on the bridge. DPS observed several men dressed in different colored gowns fleeing from the area on foot. No injuries were reported.

DCFD transported a sick person from Kogod to a local hospital.

DCFD transported an injured person from CDC to a local hospital.

April 8

A fire alarm was pulled in Centennial, activating the alarm. No sign of smoke or fire was detected. Facilities Management responded. The alarm was reset.

An unattended cell phone was taken from a table in the Mud Box.

DCFD responded and released an individual from a stuck elevator. No injuries were reported. The elevator was placed out of service.

April 9

MPD, DPS and DCFD responded to a report of a sick person in Nebraska Hall. An ambulance transported the individual to a local hospital.

A registration sticker was taken from a window of an AU shuttle bus.

A contractor witnessed a vehicle strike an AU vehicle on 4200 Wisconsin Avenue. No injuries were reported. The AU vehicle sustained minor paint transfer on the rear bumper. The driver of the striking vehicle asked the contractor if the AU vehicle was “ok.” When the contractor replied in the affirmative, the driver left the area. No identifying information on the striking vehicle or driver was obtained.

DCFD/EMS transported a sick person from Bender, accompanied by another employee, to a local hospital.

An employee lost keys and an AU identification card in Katzen.

April 10

A taxicab driver requested assistance with an intoxicated student outside of Hughes. The student vomited inside the cab and denied having been drinking. The student was in possession of two Pennsylvania Driver’s licenses. She claimed the second (which contained the same last name and address) belonged to her sister. DPS confiscated the second license. The student signed a medical refusal form and returned to her campus residence.

Reportedly, a suspect drank alcohol while visiting friends in another room in Capitol Hall. The suspect returned to his own room and urinated on several items in the room, including two computers belonging to his roommate. The suspect did not recall urinating in the room. Aramark was contacted to clean the area.

DPS responded to a report of an injured person in McKinley. The person signed a medical refusal form.

April 11

DPS responded to a reported drug violation in the Letts/Anderson Quad. DPS saw one individual smoking suspected marijuana with two individuals standing by him. DPS confiscated the smoking device. Its contents tested positive for marijuana. Two individuals with no known AU affiliation were barred from campus.

DPS was outside of Hughes Hall when they encountered several students who were verbally combative and did not cooperate with the officers’ commands. A sick student was transported by EMS to a local hospital. Student Conduct charges will be filed against the uncooperative students.

Contractors sawing in an area triggered smoke detectors in the Broadcast Center. The alarm was silenced. No fire was detected.

A witness reported seeing an individual run toward and attempt to walk up a pillar while trying to start a back flip in Bender. The witness reported seeing the individual break drywall on the pillar. DPS confirmed damage to the drywall. When questioned by DPS, two individuals indicated they engaged in horseplay and came into contact with the wall. Athletics and Facilities Management were notified.

April 12

A student left her wallet and AUID in a Hurst classroom. The wallet was returned to her the same day. The AUID is still missing.

A shuttle driver brought a lost purse to DPS, which was found in the Mary Graydon Center. The purse contained three bags of a green leafy substance. Samples from all three bags tested positive for marijuana. The purse also contained identification believed to belong to the owner of the purse and identification and a credit card bearing the name of other individuals. When the owner came to claim her purse, she stated the marijuana belonged to her. She was arrested and transported by MPD for processing. She was barred from AU property.

April 13

Facilities Management and DPS responded to a fire alarm activation in the library. No smoke or fire was detected. An odor of burnt bread was noticed, and a toaster in the area was hot. The toaster was unplugged as a precaution. DCFD was not notified.

A library employee discovered graffiti on a desk.