Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2024

Police blotter

Nov. 9

A student exited her room in Anderson Hall and returned 15 minutes later. She discovered her wallet was taken from the room while she was gone.

Nov. 10

A resident assistant exited her room in Anderson Hall for five minutes, leaving the door unlocked. Upon her return, she discovered a spare key to her room was taken from the room. The lock shop was notified to have the lock core replaced.

Nov. 11

A flier was found hanging on a bulletin board in the third floor elevator lobby of Hughes Hall with harassing language.

D.C. Fire Department transported a sick person to the hospital from the East Quad Building.

Reportedly, UPS confirmed a package was delivered to Anderson Hall. When the complainant went to retrieve it, it was missing. The package contained clothing ordered from a store. Additional attempts to locate the package were unsuccessful.

DCFD transported a sick person to the hospital from the Battelle-Tompkins Building.

DCFD transported a sick person to the hospital from the Ward Circle Building.

Nov. 13

Public Safety responded to a report of an alcohol-related illness in Letts Hall. Upon arrival, the sick individual was barely responsive and appeared highly intoxicated. A witness reported the sick individual consumed several different alcoholic beverages since 7:30 p.m. in his residence hall room. Reportedly, the individual consumed more alcoholic beverages at a nightclub and returned to his room at 2:40 a.m. DCFD transported him to the hospital.

Public Safety saw a sick person vomiting on the Letts-Anderson Quad. The sick person was accompanied by another student. The student reported she and the sick person started drinking at 11 p.m. and claimed not to know the name or specific address of the fraternity house where they had been partying. DCFD transported the sick person, accompanied by the student, to the hospital.

While Public Safety was handling an alcohol-related medical incident on the Letts-Anderson Quad, a student interfered by making comments to the sick individual and disrespectful comments about the officers.

DCFD transported a sick person to the hospital from Nebraska Hall.

Nov. 14

Public Safety, the Metropolitan Police Department and DCFD responded to a report of a sick individual in Anderson Hall. DCFD transported the individual to the hospital.

Nov. 15

A resident reported Nov. 15 an unidentified suspect entered her locked room on Nov. 6 at 5:30 a.m. while she was sleeping. Reportedly, the suspect crawled on the floor towards her laptop. She screamed and the suspect ran from her room.

Nov. 16

While conducting routine patrol, a resident assistant discovered a panic bar hanging off a door on the South side of Letts Hall.

Two sororities were involved in a physical altercation on the walkway between the Battelle-Tompkins Building and the Mary Graydon Center after a fraternity/sorority life party in the Tavern. Three victims reported they were physically assaulted by the suspects.

DCFD transported a sick person to the hospital from the 4400 block of Wisconsin Avenue.

Nov. 17

Ink cartridges were reported missing from a Letts Hall room, which was left unsecured.

Public Safety responded to a fire alarm in Clark Hall. The building was evacuated. Reportedly, the fire alarm activated when a student attempted to roast marshmallows on a kitchen stove. No damage was reported. Facilities Management reset the alarm. DCFD was not contacted.

While responding to a fire alarm in Clark Hall, Public Safety noticed an individual appeared to be intoxicated. When asked, the individual indicated he had five shots of vodka. He indicated he started drinking at 10 p.m. in Hughes Hall. He would not disclose the names of friends with whom he drank. A resident director responded. The individual was told to stay in his room.

A bicycle was taken from a bike rack outside Anderson Hall.