Saturday, Sept. 21, 2024
A CELEBRATION! — Noel Klingler’s bold, tri-color turkey won The Eagle’s first ever Turkey Handprint Coloring Contest. Mr. Klingler said he used three dry-erase markers to design the turkey, but that if he could do it all over again he would have gotten more supplies.

Turkey Handprint Coloring Contest winner announced

The Eagle is proud to announce that Noel Klingler is the winner of our first ever Turkey Handprint Coloring Contest.

Klingler beat out approximately zero other submissions with his inspired tri-color turkey.

Klingler also added a wing, a face and a hat to the turkey, creative additions that clinched the win.

The Eagle had originally hoped that the Turkey Handprint Coloring Contest would generate at least 20 to 30 creative submissions. Instead, an Eagle staffer was forced to drunkenly accost Mr. Klingler and demand that he color in a turkey.

Klingler said he used three colors because there were only three different colored dry-erase markers available at the time he was accosted.

If he could do it all over again, he said he would try to use more colors and even go to a craftstore.

Faced with a shortage of materials, Klingler opted for a minimalist design that used bold, alternating colors in the feathers and a vibrant red for the turkey’s body.

The Eagle staff is very disappointed that there weren’t more submissions to choose from for the Turkey Coloring Contest. However, we are very grateful for Mr. Klingler’s participation and think we probably would have chosen his turkey no matter what other turkeys were submitted.

design@theeagleonline.com