Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2024

Police blotter

Feb. 7

Library staff discovered graffiti written with a black marker on a bathroom stall wall in Bender Library. A 2fix ticket was initiated to have it removed.

D.C. Fire Department transported an injured person from outside the Department of Public Safety Building to the hospital.

The employment of a contractor working in the tunnel shops was terminated. The contractor was barred from University property.

DCFD transported an injured person from Bender Arena to the hospital.

Feb. 8

An AU ID and keys to a residence hall room were taken from an office in the Sports Center.

A student requested a cab voucher to be transported from Anderson Hall to a hospital.

DCFD transported a sick person from Bender Library to the hospital.

Feb. 9

DCFD and Metropolitan Police Department responded to a vehicle fire near the Watkins Building. DCFD extinguished it. The vehicle’s owner had been away from the vehicle for approximately five minutes before becoming aware of the fire. He believed a cigarette converter was the source of the fire.

An unattended laptop computer was taken from a book bag, which was left on a table in the Terrace Dining Room. The computer contained personal information, e.g., credit card information, social security numbers, etc.

A complainant reported receiving unwanted e-mail messages from a former coworker. The former coworker is believed to be in California. Public Safety attempted to contact the former coworker to notify him to cease all contact with the complainant.

Feb. 10

DCFD transported a sick person from Hughes Hall to the hospital.