Saturday, Sept. 21, 2024

Look of the Week: Romper Ready!

With the thermostat saying that it’s 72 degrees outside, many students at AU are overwhelmed with joy and ready to show off their new, highly anticipated spring clothing.

Kogod sophomore Alana Goodman strutted around in a fresh, olive green fresh romper with an off-white shrug to cover up when that nice spring breeze comes through. She accessorizes this outfit just right with a glamorous necklace with olive green jewels to go perfectly with her romper. She adds black leather booties to take this ensemble to the next level. Oh, and let’s not forget the aviator shades she rocks to finish this outfit off.

Goodman was inspired by the beautiful weather when choosing her outfit.

“Sometimes dressing for 60-70 degree weather can be challenging because it’s hard to pinpoint what season or look you are going for,” Goodman said. “I decided to combine looks from the fall and spring seasons. I felt as though this look embraced the spring weather without taking it too far.”

As far as name brand designers go, Goodman likes to mix it up.

“I don’t really have any personally favorite designers but I find myself wearing a lot of trendier brands such as La Rok, Alice + Olivia and Parker,” Goodman said. “I am more in-the-now fashion than classic pieces, so big name designers such as Chanel, Dolce and Gabbana and Prada usually only end up on my shoulder as a handbag, but their season collections still inspire what I wear.”

For her fashion predictions, there’s one timeless trend Goodman can’t wait to show off.

“I am most excited about the wedges trend. I think wedges with high-waisted shorts are so trendy,” she said.

She also draws inspiration from a very special person in her life.

“My mom is very big into fashion and the current trends, so she inspires much of what I wear,” Goodman said. “But fashion in a general sense to me is about wearing what you like and looking good in it.”

Get this Romper Lulu’s

Shrug American Apparel

Necklace Lulu’s

Booties Urban Outfitters

Sunglasses Ray-Ban Sunglasses