Saturday, Sept. 21, 2024

Look of the week: White is the new black

As spring weather begins to bloom, bright hues are everywhere in the fashion world. But let’s not lose sight of the classic color: white. This fashionista, Kogod sophomore Caryn Wallace, displays white in her ensemble from head-to-toe.

Starting at the top, she wears the infamous V-neck white tee from American Apparel. To add a more feminine and formal feel to her outfit, she adds a glamorous statement necklace by ABS by Allen Schwatz. And to sprinkle in some simplicity, this fashionista wears high-waisted skinny denim shorts by ADAM. She also wears white wedges by Tory Burch. Wedges and platforms, no matter what the color or style, are a must-have in your shoe collection this spring and summer. These wedges give a perfect ending to a perfect combination. Wallace answered a few questions about her fashion taste and personal inspirations in a style Q&A.

What inspired your outfit today?

“My outfit was inspired by spring finally starting and the trend of white for this spring and summer.”

What trend are you most excited to show off this spring and summer?

“I’m most excited to wear white lace this spring. I think nudes and whites have a really clean and fresh look. I also look forward to wearing more wedges, which are perfect for the summer and easy to walk in.”

Who are your favorite designers?

“My favorite designers are alice+olivia, Elizabeth and James, bcbgmaxazria and Ralph Lauren for everyday wear. I also like D&G, Dior and Prada for a more dressed up look. The shows I look forward to most each season are Elie Saab and Valentino; they never disappoint.”

What kind of role does fashion play in your life?

“Fashion is one of my main interests, and it plays a very important role in my life. I think it’s a great way to express an individual personality, feeling or mood. I love putting outfits together to suit different occasions or seasons.”