Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2024
Public Safety reported a robbery near campus on Monday, Oct. 24.

Near campus robbery crime alert Oct. 24

Near Campus Robbery From AU Department of Public Safety Release Date: 10/26/2011

Incident: On Monday, October 24, at approximately 10:40 p.m., a robbery occurred on 47th Street. The victim was an AU student. The following was reported to the Metropolitan Police Department and the Department of Public Safety on October 26th: A female victim left Bender Library to walk to her off campus residence. An unknown assailant approached the victim she and used a closed fist to punch her in the face. The assailant then took her cell phone. The victim reported minor injuries.

Description of Suspects: The suspect is described as an African-American male with a moustache. He was last seen wearing a black hoodie, black pants, and carried a black book bag. He appeared to be in his mid 20's and about 5'8".

If you have information relating to this incident, or witness suspicious activity, please call the Department of Public Safety at 202-885-3636 or 911 for the Metropolitan Police Department.