Friday, Sept. 20, 2024

The Styleliner fashion truck to bring chic finds to D.C. this summer

A 20-foot potato chip truck has been converted into a chic mobile boutique called The Styleliner. The fashion truck will bring worldly fashion styles to the streets of D.C. between May 4 and June 17.

“The things I am most looking forward to in D.C. specifically is trying out an area that I haven’t explored,” said Joey Wolffer, creator of The Styleliner. “I think the people in D.C. will really love discovering all the amazing designers we carry.”

The truck will carry a mixture of designs from all over the world, from luxury to market finds, according to Wolffer.

“The beauty of the Styleliner is that it is all about discovery,” she said. “You will always find something new and often discover a designer that you will not have seen before.”

Wolffer has worked on The Styleliner for two years now and has traveled all over the east coast with it, hitting the streets of New York City, the Hamptons and Palm Beach, Fla. in the winter. She operates, manages, designs for and buys products for The Styleliner all on her own.

Prior to her work on The Styleliner, Wolffer began her career as a jewelry designer for Meems LTD, where she provided accessories for several High Street stores in the United Kingdom, according to The Styleliner website.

After jewelry designing for Nine West, Wolffer became the trend director for The Jones Group, where she traveled to find jewelry and accessory trends worldwide.

By traveling the world, Wolffer carefully curates limited-edition pieces that people would not find in typical stores, according to The Styleliner website.

“Through my travels, I was finding amazing pieces and designers that were not yet in the U.S. and I wanted to create a global emporium of my finds,” Wolffer said.

Wolffer’s family history also provides inspiration for her entrepreneurship with The Styleliner. Her great-great-grandfather was a peddler who later established Marks and Spencer, one of today’s leading retailers in all of the United Kingdom, according to The Styleliner website.

“There was no way I could open a regular bricks-and-mortar store,” Wolffer said. “Our society today is one that is on the go, and we needed a store that was, too.”